Would like to know

Inkabodpain

I have 2 working channels on my B&K ref-7250 . I would like to know if I can bridge the 2 channels to 1channel so I can power my RC64. Each channel is 200 watts if I can bridge them will it then be 400watts to one channel. If I can how is it done. Or would it be better if I remove the jumpers in the back of the RC64 and use one channel for the tweeter and the other channel for the woofers.Please help.

I think 400 watts will result in the avr autocalibration far into the negative numbers to try amd match output signal to the other speakers. In other word the signal may be to hot. I have a carver M 400 on my RC 64. One channel for the 2 bass drivers and one channel for the other bass drive/tweeter. The amp is a true 200 watt/channel into 8 ohms. I tried it as a monoblock and it threw off my autocalibration. The center was at -12 which is the max The avr will set speakers -12 to +12.. The RF 7's are at -8 for comparison/ Now the center is at -7.5 using the vertical bi-amp method.

I have 2 working channels on my B&K ref-7250 . I would like to know if I can bridge the 2 channels to 1channel so I can power my RC64. Each channel is 200 watts if I can bridge them will it then be 400watts to one channel.

With the single power supply of the 7250(1500va toroidal, 162000 microfarads of capacitance), only one channel in use should be easily pumping out more than the 250 watts/ch that your 200.2 does and most likely close to 275 watts. Personally, I see no need to biamp/biwire.

Bill

I agree with Willand, bi-amping passively is of questionable benefit. I did it with the RC 64 just because I have the extra channel.and it is only 4 ft. of extra wire.The M 400 is 500 watts RMS at 8 ohms in mono mode and no gan control on the amp which is why the signal has to be cut so much from the preamp.The little 10lb amp pack a lot of power.