y connector on ksw12?

jburkhardt

Anybody use a y connector at the sub on the ksw12?

I'm using just a monsterbass 300 from my amp (denon 3802) to the LFE input of the sub. The level is all the

way up and the crossover is set to 120hz(80hz on the denon), front speakers set to small. The sound in movies is incredible, music is pretty good also but I

was just wondering, if I added the splitter, what

difference would it make? Thanks, JB

jb, you might want to call monster tech support & see if they'll send you a free Y-adapter. that's what they did for me when i called & asked them a while back about my monsterbass 400 connect. said i should have gotten one/ the connect & just sent 1 out.

from what i've heard hooking both the L & R inputs gives you more output. like signif more db like 3-6db or something. have never gotten a tech answer why this is so though.

i use the y on my velo sub & it doesn't increase output. but the sub seems to wake out of auto-standby-mode more easily/readily.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

jb,

I also have a denon 3802 and a KSW12 sub. Without the Y - connector I was running the sub at full, and frankly I don't like running anything at full (IMO, stress is not good for ANYTHING, or ANYBODY). With the Y - connect I was able to back off the loudness of the sub and still get the same effect.