Size Compromise...

acasanis

My wife use to complain about the size of my Cornwalls in our living room - I told her it was a compromise between sound quality and size. Yesterday she went to work and came home to a surprise - my new (1976) Altec 19's temporarily setup. Here's a pic she took of my Son and I enjoying our victory.

Now she wants the Cornwalls back [;)] Ha!

Posted Image

Nice speakers Acasanis[;)], When you are settled in with them, look into risers, foam inserts, crossover mods and capacitor changes or new crossovers.... all together. Good luck.. Also if you find that the bass doesnt live up to what you think it should be? Look for an amp change.... you might be suprised!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sad weekend on the homefront - we made the difficult decision to pass
the Cornwalls on to a new loving family.

The Model 19's are staying with us [Y]

I feel fortunate that I was able to do a direct A to B (real-time) comparrison between these two wonderful speakers.

The Altec's just seem to be a better fit with our current system...

Enjoy Acasanis, they are beautiful speakers for sure and good to see you raising what I'm sure is going to be yet another fine music aficionado[:D] As mentioned they can sound very sweet on tubes at low volume but if you really want those to haul azz just hook some 60+ tubes or 200+ SS to them and hold onto your hat[;)] Like JBL the more you throw at them the more they'll give back[:P]