Your favorite song

Amy

• Moderators

Hello Klipsch forum members,

We are putting together some playlists to publish on the Klipsch website, and I want to feature one with the favorites of the forum. Please respond to this thread with ONE song only - your favorite (if you were forced to pick one). If you pick two, you will be banned. Haha

No specific genre or decade required.

I will lock this when we have enough.

Ready....go!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil Young – “Down by the River”

The 12 minute version from the live album “Live at the Fillmore East.” This tour was the last Neil Young and Crazy Horse tour that featured guitarist Danny Whitten.

Hello Klipsch forum members,

We are putting together some playlists to publish on the Klipsch website, and I want to feature one with the favorites of the forum. Please respond to this thread with ONE song only - your favorite (if you were forced to pick one). If you pick two, you will be banned. Haha

No specific genre or decade required.

I will lock this when we have enough.

Ready....go!

It is not my favorite song, since I don't really have JUST one...but probably my favorite listen when judging the clarity and response of good speakers is "House at Pooh Corner" (best on vinyl!) from the first album Kenny Loggins and Jim Messina ever did together..."Kenny Loggins with Jim Messina Sittin' In".

The recording engineering is super clean, with great musical instrument and vocals detail and emotion, not to mention many musical instruments not normally associated with pop music tunes...the OBOE, for instance, will really knock your socks off! If you have never heard it on K-horns, get ready for a surprise! You most likely won't be able to just listen to it once!

It also brings back memories of Chris...an old paratrooper motorcycle riding buddy from 1973. We did many trips together from FT Bragg to UNCC @ Charlotte, North Carolina to visit our ladies at the time...me on my 72 Yamaha XS-2, and Chris on his Triumph Tiger 650!

-Andy