LED VS PLASMA

rennoc442

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still need to pick up some 3D glasses myself. Watched the Dark Knight Rises last night, amazing picture, and sound, and just a great movie all around.

Thats why when I got this unit from Best Buy, I haggled them into tossing in 4 of the 3D glasses by Panasonic for $45 each! The best way to negotiate prices is when you buy everything at once!

I must say I love this TV! First, the blacks are just that, BLACK! The top and bottom bars when watching Blu-Rays are as black as the trim, (no flashlighting as well) it is amazing. I can not see any motion blurs with this TV, and the whites are amazing as well. I just love the pq with this TV, and will never recommend a LED over a Plasma again[Y]

Just watched the new batman movie , Dark Knight Rises last night as well and just love this movie. I forgot how great this movie really is, the sound quality, oh man when the brass sections come on, wow! And the picture is really amazing, especially when the parts in imax are filmed.

• Moderators

The setup looks awesome bro. Love it.

I just need to play around with my new flash for my nikon, so far it makes taking pics way easier!

Honestly, you will get MUCH better pics without the flash due to reflections. All you need to do is put your camera on a tripod (or anything stable like a barstool, chair, coffee table etc), set the ISO to 200, set your white balance, set your desired aperture to determine your depth of field (amount of blurryness in the background), and set your timer.

Because you aren't using the flash, the shutter will often stay open for over 1 second which you cannot possibly hold still with your hands (thus why you need it sitting on something stable). But since it is stationary, the shutter will stay open long enough to obtain the proper exposure and you will not have any reflections from the flash.

That's at least how I do it. YMMV

Thanks Mike, I think its the best I can do in this house. I can't wait until we move into our own house!

I need to play around with this camera more, maybe we can meet up one day and you can give me a crash course in dslr's? I think I have the basics, but that's not saying much when I don't know what half the settings do!

Would be glad to. :) What do you use? I have a Nikon D90

I am using a d7000, it really is an awesome machine! The flash I just got does have a few different diffusers that came with it. I have a basic understanding of bouncing the light, if I had more time I'm sure I would of gotten a better picture. It's just a learning curve!:)

Rennoc, that looks sick bro! Okay so I'm loving the cable management, mahogany veneer on the KLF's, and that's some nice Mac gear. Looks good man. Yeah I can't wait to move into our own place as well, gotta get that man cave =)

Thanks cviper! I love my Mac setup! It's a huge improvement over the old Yamaha! The cables don't really show as much in person vs the pic!

Sorry for my epic noobness! What's the process for posting a pic - all of this chat about quality pics and I can't even get a simple jpg to load. I finally have the same tv and thought I'd post a pic but the site is vastly out-witting me!

• Moderators

Don't worry akdave, it's not you, it's the forum. I think we have all been where you are.

To post one pic, in a post, click the Options Tab and attach your image. You can only attach one pic per post unless you host your images and link to them using the Insert / Edit image icon (green tree).

Good - it worked! So with rennoc posting a nice clean pic - here's my grainy cell phone pic. For now the components will probably sit in the corner. We are going to put an addition on the house next year and this will be moving. (Let's hear it for sound insulation and wire concealment!). Really like the TV (Panasonic 65 VT50) LOVE the Rf 7ii's, we leave the grilles on - this was for illustrative purposes only. [8-|]