EPIK SUBS

jvs1670

Just went to their website and they are sold out of stock on both the Legend and the Empire. The Conquest is discontinued. Anyone else get the feeling like its a company that is selling out and maybe won't be around? Or are they cleaning house and coming out with something new and improved?

Well couldn't stand to wait so I ordered a SVS PB12-NSD......should be awesome from the things I read about it. Of course it costs much more but it should be worth it. Supposed to arrive Monday, can't wait.

Anyone have one of these subs paired with Klipschorns?

• 2 weeks later...

Well it didn't exactly live up to my expectations. I thought it was pretty impressive with bluray's, it added some real rumble to movies I never had heard before with my system but I still expected more of a solid thump in the chest kind of sound.

The real let down was with music, it just couldn't add a thing to the music experience. By the time I could hear it filling in the low end I would regularly see the protection light come on, the K-horns weren't even close to their limits. Not sure if my expectations were unrealistic but I just wasn't impressed enough to keep it, already sent it back 2 days ago. Also couldn't get the grill to stay on, didn't seem to fit right.

Was going to try the Hsu VTF15-h but I'm afraid to pull the trigger again on something I haven't heard or seen in person. Giving heavy thought to a THT LP version, got any thoughts on that?

The real let down was with music, it just couldn't add a thing to the music experience. By the time I could hear it filling in the low end I would regularly see the protection light come on, the K-horns weren't even close to their limits.

Was the sub corner loaded? Did you check phase?

As previously stated, psg has a THT with K-horns as well as Mike Lindsey. Mike has the LP version. There may be others.

Couldn't corner load, only good corners were already occupied on the front wall by the K-horns. Back 2 corners are no good, 1 has a door and steps and the other is behind my bar. Tried adjusting phase to multiple locations and just couldn't get a good enough result.

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the F20, saw a recent build and it just looks huge....is it? Would love to the size specs on them all if anyone has them.

There isn't any other sub that can do what it can do at its price point.

I would think that the F-20, SPUD clone and Lab-12TH would all be close in price and performance as well as being easier to build.

I agree. Don't get me wrong I love my THT, and its horn-loaded bass sounds identical to that of KHorns (only lower), but it's a huge footprint given that it is placed into the room and not along a wall. The F-20 is a much easier build and has more convenient placement.

Wouldn't the low profile version of the THT take up less room than the F20 or are they the same?

As I said earlier, there's placement to consider. I see the F-20 against a wall with the mouth towards the room all the time. The recommended placement for the THT is away from a wall with the mouth toward the mouth, thus taking up a lot of room. OTOH, I guess there's no reason that they shouldn't have the same constraint. The THT likely works (with less efficiency maybe) against a wall with the mouth towards the room; I never tried! Maybe I should, but it's a beer to move around!