Bluetooth connection to Klipsch iGroove?

DizRotus

Does anyone have experience using a bluetooth adapater, such as CoolStream available from Amazon, to connect bluetooth android phone to Klipsch iGroove?

The Amazon site promises:

CoolStream Bluetooth Receiver for iPhone Dock. 30-Pin Adapter Turns iPhone/iPod docking station into a Bluetooth dock.

Is there another way to easily play music from Android phone through Klipsch iGroove?

EDIT: 08/24/14

The photos referenced in posts below were deleted when this thread was migrated from the prior forum.

Edited by DizRotus

• 4 months later...

Yes it works well.

I also used a male to male cable to go from the headphone out on the phone to the input of the iGroove. The sound is good but having the phone tethered to the iGroove is inconvenient. The Bluetooth is more convenient.

The first CoolStream unit died. They replied to an email on a Sunday and shipped a replacement out immediately. All is good.

• 1 month later...

I got a Logitech Bluetooh adapter from Amazon for $39.97. My son wants to play music from his smart phone into the h/k 430 and Heresy system I put together for him. The Logitech adapter works well. It also works with the Klipsch iGroove. With it's RCA and phone plug outputs it can mate to just about anything.

The sound quality was good, unlike the Cool Stream adapter which can get noisy, the Logitech made no noise. Connecting to the iGroove from the back, avoiding the iPod 30 pin connector avoids a weak link.

The Logitech is the small black box in the photo in front of the mighty Lepai chip amp.

Edited by DizRotus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Harman Kardon BTA, Bluetooth adapter, ($59.95 w/free shipping) is on its way from Amazon. I'll compare it to the Logitech.

I've got 2 Logitechs and my son uses a third to play music from his phone through the h/k 430 and Klipsch Heresy system I put together for him. All 3 work great.

Then why pay more (Logitechs were $39.95 w/free shipping) for h/k adapter? The h/k holds the promise of slightly better range. Soon I'll know for myself.

It arrived and is it ever tiny! The Logitech BT adapter (a couple posts above) is much larger. If space is at a premium, this is the way to go.

So far, the performance is excellent. The sound quality is as good as, if not better than, the Logitech. The most noticeable difference is increased range. Where the signal from the Logitech starts to break up beyond 20', the h/k BTA 10 has a strong connection at twice that distance. With the unit in the basement, I'm able to go to the floor above and maintain a strong connection. But remember, if you have a connection for more than 4 hours, consult a physician . . . or . . . am I thinking of something else?

It was plug and play. There are no controls, only the blue light showing connection. One other difference is connection flexibility. The Logitech has a stereo mini-plug and RCA outputs, whereas the h/k has only a stereo mini-plug output.

The small size could be useful, but if it were any smaller it would be too small. The h/k logo is sexier than Logitech, but I need reading glasses to see it. As it is, the cables lift it. Double-face tape it to your receiver, amp, etc. and you're good to go.

In the photo, it's sitting on a Dynaco FM-5 and plugged into the AUX inputs. With the FM-5 connected to the Lepai TA2020, it's a simple system that allows FM or BT streamed music.

Edited by DizRotus