Proud new owner of matching CF-3's

z4j

Hello all. Just found the site and a wealth of Klipsch information--great stuff. I picked up my CF-3's last week and have never experienced anything like it. I still have a long way to go equipement wise, but what I do have now still makes these CF's sound better than what I've ever had.

The serial numbers are 279590094/5. From what I understand this mean the 279 day of 1995 and the 94th and 95th CF-3s build that year.

On the right track?

They do have the 4" port and I question if gen. II or gen.III? Either way, these are far superior to what I have ever owned.

Excellent shape and I'm the 3rd owner.

Thanks for the time and information.

z4j welcome to the forum this is a great place with some great members .Congratulations on you set of CF3 which is an excellent loudspeaker one of the gems in the Klipsch crown. See if you can rase the speakers up on some sturdy object. You want to raise them so that you have the centre of the horn at ear level when you are seated. This will make a significant improvement in soundstage and image. There are any number od possibel modifications that you can look at but for nor raise them up and enjoy for a while. Best regards Moray James.

Thank you both for the information and direction. I'm reading as much as I can on these and still tuning (finding that's part of the fun too). Cubdog you're right on, my mind is thinking one thing while my hands are typing another. Of course they're 2.5" I'm thinking version II also. Moreray, I'll be sure to take your direction. Have an excellent day.

That's a nice find and I agree with Moray James that these are gems! I've heard my CF-4's with a 3 watt/channel tube amp and a 600 watt/channel Lab Gruppen amp... both amps were outstanding! If you don't go the tube route, definitely do your best to get a power amp if your budget allows. Even though these are very efficient, you will find that they really do love more watts (150-300). They will put out prodigous bass and are very versatile. Off of a normal receiver (I have an HK AVR 3600), it just never sounded quite as good.

Good luck!