Harmony 1100

Heritage_Head

I've got one of those. Really nice piece of gadgetry. I agree that it doesn't sync well with Macs, I think I got it to work a couple times, but gave up and use my PC as well. After using it for a while I decided that the Harmony One would have probably been plenty enough for my needs, but it's still pretty cool. It took me a bit to figure it out totally, but works great now. Let me know if you have any questions on it =^)

Your probably right (overkill). I have way to many remotes and the last thing I needed is another. So my fear was that if I got a cheaper one I would just end up with another remote next to all the other ones lol. But now that I see how it works I'm sure the lesser models would do just fine. The touch screen is pretty cool though. Its going to take some time to get used to.

I was able to put up all of my other remotes. My scare with universal remotes was that there is always that 'one' button that you need that the universal doesn't have, but if you go to the devices button and pick the device you want to control, it has every button that is on the original remote. You can also set up shortcuts for all of the buttons you use the most on each screen. It really is a great remote and I'm glad I have it.

After messing with it I figured that stuff out I think. Removing the the ones I never use and setting up the ones I use the most first. Like my avr was 20 pages at first but now its only two pages. Also was able to get most of the main stuff on the side keys. Only one key from my cable remote I had to program in (the my dvr key). It saw it and added it no problem. Did you do your oppo-103 remote? Its pretty new do they have it in the system yet? Its such a nice remore I might keep that one separate.

Grats on your new remote.

I have been trying to decide on the 1100 or the 900. I really want the 1100, but the 900 might get the edge due to the ergonomics.

Everything I have read says that they are both nice and once you get them setup and used to them you will love them.

Are you using the RF? I am curious to know how good it is, because that is my main reason for buying the remote.

i have the 900 and the RF functionality is superb. I have the module about 25 feet away inside of a closet on the top of my 42U rack, pointed at the wall. all of my racked equipment faces the same direction and i have no issues controlling anything, no lag whatsoever. It's nice to have the combination of IR (for my TV) and RF (for everything else) seamlessly integrated. The ONLY issue I've noticed is when I'm transferring a ton of data over wifi from my laptop while sitting in the couch region - it seems to interfere with the remote's RF signal. to be fair, the RF receiver sits right next to my wifi router. those times of interruption, however, are few and far between.

My scare with universal remotes was that there is always that 'one' button that you need that the universal doesn't have

Not with a good remote, my URC MX-850 does everything I want much better than the original remotes and I haven't used others in years. I can do most of the most common functions without looking at the remote and it can control everything from any room in my home or even from outside. It also controls every light in my home as well as controls my most needed HTPC functions. A really good remote is very nice to have and gives you much more control of your system.