Man cave getting some big screen...

mustang guy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice rides you got in there Mustang Guy...Cool....more like a Man Warehouse.....Whats the convertible you got there?

That is a 1966 Ford Galaxie 500XL 428 Convertible.

I added two cars yesterday. A 2002 BMW 3-Series M3 red convertible, and a 2007 Honda S2000 black convertible. It is quite a departure from the cars I have had in the past couple years. I am thinking about tracking them both at Mid-Ohio speedway, but the M3 is too pretty to mess with.

That looks really nice congrats!

Thanks. The son is in from university tommorrow, so I am having him run the forklift for me to mount the projector. I am planning the first movie night tomorrow night. We will be showing the new Blu-Ray "Batman - The Dark Knight Rises".

Thanks. The son is in from university tommorrow, so I am having him run the forklift for me to mount the projector. I am planning the first movie night tomorrow night. We will be showing the new Blu-Ray "Batman - The Dark Knight Rises".

Thats a great movie to start. It changes aspects from 2.35 to 1.78 (your screen is 1.78?) so for me its kind of a pain (screen is a 2.35). But with your screen thats going to be killer. So do you run whats in your sig for speakers in that room? (if not what are you using?). Have you thought about going wireless with the projector?

One idea for the flat panel TV is to set it up like this guy does (scroll down to his projector set up). I put the link but for some reason i cant figure out how to copy paste a link short cut on my mac that you can just click on. If someone knows how please pm me or post it thanks.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=Reference&folderid=4552

Thats a great movie to start. It changes aspects from 2.35 to 1.78 (your screen is 1.78?) so for me its kind of a pain (screen is a 2.35). But with your screen thats going to be killer. So do you run whats in your sig for speakers in that room? (if not what are you using?). Have you thought about going wireless with the projector?

Yes, 6 laScalas and 2 THT's in a 6.2 configuration. It completely rocks! The vehicles between the listening position and the rear center and surrounds adds a great deal of deflection and realism. It was really quite a surprise.

I have a 60' HDMI cable I have tested it on the ground, and it works great! It is the new Monoprice RedMere HDMI cable.

One idea for the flat panel TV is to set it up like this guy does (scroll down to his projector set up). I put the link but for some reason i cant figure out how to copy paste a link short cut on my mac that you can just click on. If someone knows how please pm me or post it thanks. http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=Reference&folderid=4552

I removed the preamp and amp from the top of the THT's, and now the only thing on them is the thin sub amp. The TV is sitting right on the LaScala. When I have movie time, I will simply remove the TV to a rolling cart. I will snap a picture tomorrow so you can see what I mean.

1966 Ford Galaxie 500XL 428 Convertible.

......Mmmm Delicious... Sounds good enough to eat.

A 2002 BMW 3-Series M3 red convertible, and a 2007 Honda S2000 black convertible.

Nothing like a convertible to hear those high RPM redlines in both. 2 good track cars. I think if you take the S2000 out, the BMW voice in the back of your mind..(just see what it's like, come on, I maybe faster)..[:-*]..will be too loud to bear. It would be for me.....[6]