Live music ear recalibration to the extreme

bracurrie

It wasn't classical or jazz but it was spectacular. Only in Nashville.

I just got to see all of the following perform in Polk Theater at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center. Each guitarist brought his best sounding setup and the sounds were stunning. The show benefited Tennessee State Museum. Hosted by Vince Gill with a guest lineup of guitar musicians that included Phil Brown, Larry Carlton, Steve Cropper, Duane Eddy, Steve Gibson, Rory Hoffman, Johnny Hiland, John Jorgenson, Colin Linden, Jack Pearson, Al Perkins, Andy Reiss, Guthrie Trapp, and Steve Wariner..

Most of the songs I have only heard in recordings, but tonight hearing Duane Eddy play Rebel - Rouser and John Jorgenson play a Django Reinhardt's jazz song were ear recalibration events. Guthrie Trapp, a relative newcomer played his new song Monkey Bars with the trio that recorded the song last year. You should have seen Vince and the collected guitar heroes shaking their heads in amazement watching Guthrie tear up his Strat to a tune that is one park rock and two parts jazz. If you get a chance to catch the band he often plays with called 18 South don't miss it.

I know it isn't speakers but I know we are all interested in great sounding music.

Very nice! Wish I could have been there. Got to hear Three Ring Circle in Chattanooga a few years ago. Ten feet from them, a very small venue. Awesome! Just like having them in your living room. That is the way to hear music.

Bruce