Wood horns for Industrial Black Lascalas-1980 mfg

winchester21

Please advise as to options for a conversion from the stock metal horns-1980 era- to a wood type to more closely match up with the 2" wood horns in my K horns and 1" wood horns in my Belles. These are all trachorn clones.. My knowledge is limited and everything that I know about speakers has been spoon fed to me by much better informed speaker folks. Sorry if I can not carry on a better conversation on the subject. I am just looking for someone who has already attempted this mod and may have something to ad to the mix. This is an 8 speaker HT setup. Thanks in advance.

Long time no see...hope things are going well. Typing on wife's iPad, pardon typing issues. I've never heard the others so with that said.... Balls to the wall is the K402/69 and the next is the smaller and less expensive K510/69. You can now probably hear at least the big horn, if not both at WC's? Look up Panacea Engineering. New klipsch dealer in Charlotte, has jubilees among other big guns (speakers). There is a passive design somewhere for this. I am presuming WC can concoct a Jubescala... If not, "simply carry" one of your Lascalas to him for the audition. You two will get along smashingly!

By the way, I like the Porsche in your avatar picture. I had a chance to drive one for the first time Tuesday. Fun....Big Smile

The older ones handled like you were driving a sledgehammer while sitting at the end of the handle.

I drove the 2001 Carrera 6 speed stick coup rwd. No turbo, but damn that thing was fast. After that, I had the dealer drive me in an 03 twin turbo 911 also 6 spd stick rwd. That car was scary fast. I really enjoyed going 100 mph in about 100 feet, then stopping in about the same distance. I am exaggerating, but I mean that car would fly.

I drove the 2001 Carrera 6 speed stick coup rwd. No turbo, but *** that thing was fast. After that, I had the dealer drive me in an 03 twin turbo 911 also 6 spd stick rwd. That car was scary fast. I really enjoyed going 100 mph in about 100 feet, then stopping in about the same distance. I am exaggerating, but I mean that car would fly.

The catch22 with that is unless you are on a track, the "fun" lasts less than 5 seconds, then you are in serious ticket territory and a bit dangerous for the street. I have two old Porsche 928's, a US 230 hp and a European 310 hp, and it makes an interesting contrast. The US car as long as I am a little cautious I can floor it and run through 1st and 2nd gear any time I want. The Euro has traction issues on the street and is going to get me a very fat ticket some day.

Please advise as to options

We have Dave's Eliptrac Horns here and a few others, in Wood. I will be glad to help you anyway I can.....We are located in South Charlotte, between Woodlawn and Tyvola. Please feel free to call me anytime at: 980-721-6567. The place is an absolute mess due to ongoing construction but we can get you in here somehow......[:D]

• Like 1

You can get some realistic looking fake woodgrain stick-0n material to get the sound AND the looks. Or just make W.C. an offer he can't refuse for his Elliptical Trachorns. I don't think he would sell his beloved Martinelli's though, which I have seen and heard and they are sweet sounding (this from a K-402 owner....see my Avatar).