Allow me to cry in my beer (for a moment)

USNRET

Bought new home.

Refused to let movers touch my gear

Packed everything up in factory cartons

Gently moved 10 miles down the road

After a week of the entire family down with bronchitis I decided to hook up some 2 channel and listen to a cd tongiht

Left VRD amp dead; nadda, kaput. All tubes light but not even a hum. I checked the standard stuff, swap cables, input, output, speakers...no joy.

Tomorrow I'll take the bottom plate off and have a look for a broken wire and yes I know that Craig will fix it up but damn I'm pissed.

This a day after I got a ticket for my kids Christmas present (trampoline) sticking out past my pickup tailgate by 4.5', the limit is 4'. You do realize that a 12" x 12" flag is required, right? 10" x 10" just doesn't cut it. Side note, I am told by the manufacturer that they are the only USA builders (true/un-true? texastrampolines)

Oh, today the trusty 2003 Silverado SuperSport needed $1600 + upkeep and I still have a check engine light.

I will now go fix a drink.

I am thankfull that this is all I have to biatch about! Merry Christmas ya'll!

You do realize that a 12" x 12" flag is required, right? 10" x 10" just doesn't cut it.

WOW man I don't know what to say except, Sh!t I don't know. life likes to kick you in the balls once in a while, and out of nowhere just to make sure your still alive. New house, old truck, Christmas......go fix yourself another and I'll join you....Cheers.......and Happy Holidays. ..

....This made me laugh..[:)]

Bought new home.

Packed everything up in factory cartons

Gently moved 10 miles down the road

After a week of the entire family down with bronchitis I decided to hook up some 2 channel and listen to a cd tongiht

Left VRD amp dead; nadda, kaput. All tubes light but not even a hum. I checked the standard stuff, swap cables, input, output, speakers...no joy.

Tomorrow I'll take the bottom plate off and have a look for a broken wire and yes I know that Craig will fix it up but *** I'm pissed.

This a day after I got a ticket for my kids Christmas present (trampoline) sticking out past my pickup tailgate by 4.5', the limit is 4'. You do realize that a 12" x 12" flag is required, right? 10" x 10" just doesn't cut it. Side note, I am told by the manufacturer that they are the only USA builders (true/un-true? texastrampolines)

Oh, today the trusty 2003 Silverado SuperSport needed $1600 + upkeep and I still have a check engine light.

I will now go fix a drink.

I am thankfull that this is all I have to *** about! Merry Christmas ya'll!

Moral of the story:

1. Always have a back up receiver or amp so when a piece doesn't work it's not as bad until it's fixed.

2. Some people are just dic& heads and you can't get away with tazing them. Can't believe the ticket for that, what an as@.

3. At times it's better to place a piece of tape over the check engine light and keep on moving down the road.

4. Aways have booze available when you just are having one of those days.[:D]

Have a great Christmas anyway!

Amps and receivers I have plenty of.

I found a broken wire in the amp this morning; whip out the soldering iron and it's all good except for the 'arranging' I have to get done once the new TV mount arrives and my center Belle arrives from Cake's speaker spa next Saturday after getting a matching coat of Rosewood veneer.

The current mess:

Take the truck to Autozone and get the codes read for free. You may just need an EGR valve or a sensor. You should be able to fix it yourself.

Glad the VRD was easy to fix.

Truck needed front rotors as they are sealed with no way to pack or replace bearings.

I have scanner software on a laptop and can read th ecodes but I don't have a smoke machine to troubleshoot. I ending up getting a new MAF sensor, fuel tank pressure switch and now more troubleshooting is required.

Thw boss says no way I was getting a new truck so to take good care of this one. After these repairs, a new paint job (clear coat peeling after 3 years unprotected from salt mist on the island) and a new leather seat cover (butt wear) she might have re-thunk her decision.

Clear coat peeling means the base coat is not compatible with the clear coat. This is a typical problem with Car/truck manufacturing people

who purchase this stuff and if they get a deal where the base coat it is one cent less per gallon and they use it and later find out that it peels off in three years because they did not test it.

JJK

later find out that it peels off in three years

I'll cut Chevy a break here. I bought this in '03, waxed it twice and it has seen the inside of a garage for a total of maybe one month.

I might vacuum it next week.................[:$]

Trying to find codes, laptop not available.