Rear wall mount speakers for Klipsch Legend series

vonbonds

Hello all,

I have a 5.1 Klipsch Legend series setup with KLF-20's as my mains. The series has been discontinued for quite a while obviously but I am now interested in possibly setting up a 7.1 or 7.2 configuration. The Legend series didn't have wall mounts besides the surrounds which I will mount on the sides so what are my options for rear mounted that match or that match close enough? I haven't had my setup running for 3 years or so as I never set it up in the house we live in now because our son had some issues. Now that we are past that part I want to set it up again which is what has me thinking of going for 2 extra speakers.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the response. Interesting ideas, I never thought of center channels or another set of dipole speakers for the rears.

How important is tonal matching for rear surrounds in a 7.x setup? I was really hoping for a smallish bookshelf speaker to mount but if it is really important I will probably just stick with 5.1 until my Klipsch gear dies (which is hopefully never!).

Rear surrounds are the least important to timbre match. Even sides aren't "that" important. Most important is to match the front three. Everything else is an option. Obviously having all the same series (Legend, Reference, etc) maximizes the potential for the "best" sound - however lots of other factors are important as well. For me personally, I don't have enough supporting hardware (amps, preamps, wattage, Crites crossovers, tweeter upgrades, etc) to fully capitalize on my speakers as it is. Yet it sounds plenty good to me. Before my KLF-30's, my 20's were mains with Polk Monitor 70's as surrounds. I actually really liked that set up and would'nt hesitate to do it again in the future if my speaker stable changed.