So the mcrib is back nationwide.

Jay481985

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McNasty.

According to an article from Chicago magazine, which cites a 1995 article by Mandigo, "restructured meat product" contains a mixture of tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, which is then mixed with salt and water to extract proteins from the muscle. The proteins bind all the pork trimmings together so that it can be re-molded into any specific shape — in this case, a fake slab of ribs.

The only two things that I can eat from McDonalds are their coffee and their $1 hot fudge Sunday. Everything else just resembles what it is supposed to be (Big Mac "sandwich is kind of like a burger, McNuggets are similar to chicken breast, frys are kind of like potatoes, shakes are really close to ice cream).

I recently was trying to describe McNuggets to a person who has never eaten at McDonalds. I said that they look like chicken, but as soon as you smell or taste them, you know that they are just not quite right. They break apart funny in your mouth and you can tell that something is really wrong with them. I have never tried the McRib but tripe and heart, yummmmmmmm.

Subway is the only fast food that I actually can eat and enjoy, with the occasional In and Out burger and frys for a treat.

EDIT:

Jay, you don't have to imagine a world without free knowledge. You just have to go back a few hundred years or so.

Imagine a world without the McRib.

First impression is that I'd have to wait in a longer grocery line. Thanks to people buying McRibs instead, grocery shopping is a breeze.

Jay, you don't have to imagine a world without free knowledge. You just have to go back a few hundred years or so.

Imagine a world without the McRib.

First impression is that I'd have to wait in a longer grocery line. Thanks to people buying McRibs instead, grocery shopping is a breeze.

now, you didn't get to be an Oldtimer by eating healthy, did you?