Tell Santa what you want for Christmas...

Chris A

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny, that's my wish too.

I would like for all three of my daughters to be home for Christmas this year....

n861495712_893469_8672.jpg

I'll keep you posted....

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Boxx! fingerscrossed.gif

There's nothing like Family for the Holidays, Good Luck!

Yeah, World Peace would be the greatest gift we could have! [G]

Dennie xmas.gif

Only through number one but I got to tell ya this is some very good sounding live vinyl!! All for a C note. Sweet!

Jimi Hendrix Winterland on 180g 8LP Deluxe Box Set from Legacy

Hendrix's Most Storied Live Three-Night Stand Comes to Brilliant Life on Stellar, Audiophile-Quality Box Set

Features Tons of Performances Not Available on Any Other Release

Six 1968 Concerts from San Francisco's Historic Venue Reshaped Rock and Roll: Here Are the Highlights

8LP Edition Annihilates All Previous Winterland Compilations: Tremendous Sonics and Insight

Also Includes 36-Page Book and Rare Backstage Interview With Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix's Woodstock performance may be his most famous, but the guitarist named by Rolling Stone as the best in history was never better than at a three-night stand in San Francisco, putting on a total of six concerts that fans have long clamored to hear. Featuring the creme de la creme of said performances, now everyone finally gets their wish.

Winterland is drawn from said six stellar shows recorded over three days (October 10, 11 and 12, 1968) at San Francisco's historic Winterland Ballroom. These special performances celebrated the two-year anniversary of the Jimi Hendrix Experience and came just as the groundbreaking album Electric Ladyland was released. Even given the era's rich history, you'll be hard-pressed to come up with any concert that rivals what's here.

As many already know, Winterland presents some of Hendrixs most spectacular guitar work. This scintillating set is filled with rare live versions of classic songs such as "Manic Depression," "Are You Experienced?," "Tax Free," and "Little Wing" that are not part of any other Sony Legacy releases. Fans will also enjoy Hendrixs dramatic interpretations of Creams "Sunshine Of Your Love" and Howlin Wolfs "Killing Floor" (with the Experience joined by Jefferson Airplane bassist Jack Casady) as well his rendition of Bob Dylans "Like A Rolling Stone," which many critics and fans regard as the ultimate interpretation.

Pressed on 8 x 180g LPs, this special deluxe box set features never before released music from each of the six unforgettable Winterland performances. Please note that Winterland is now markedly different from the flawed single disc compilation, long out of print, briefly issued by Rykodisc in 1987 and 1988. Moreover, Winterland also presents a rare interview with Hendrix recorded backstage at the Boston Garden a few weeks after the Winterland performances. This previously unreleased bonus provides fans with a unique window into Hendrixs views about his background, his approach to the guitar, and songwriting and future direction of his music.

As should be required for any such box set, Winterland features a 36-page booked filled with previously unpublished images by acclaimed photographers Robert Knight, Allen Tannenbaum, and Jim Marshall, as well as an essay by noted Rolling Stone journalist David Fricke.

Jimi Hendrix Winterland Track Listing:

LPs 1 & 2: 10/10/68 Winterland Ballroom, San Francisco

1. Tax Free

2. Lover Man

3. Sunshine of Your Love

4. Hear My Train A Comin

5. Killing Floor

6. Foxey Lady

7. Hey Joe

8. Star Spangled Banner

9. Purple Haze

LPs 3 & 4: 10/11/68 Winterland Ballroom, San Francisco