WTB: Carver Amps

chisoxpurdue

Hello,

I have a Carver TFM-55 as well as a Carver TFM-45. I'm currently trying to downsize so I'm looking to sell preferably just one of the two, although I'm not opposed to selling both. They've worked perfectly since I owned them, and they have quite a bit of power and excellent clarity to offer. I still have the original box for the 55, but unfortunately wasn't given the original for the 45. Not sure if this is what you're looking for, just thought I'd let you know.

Carver M 400, 200 watts/channel stereo and 500 watts bridge as a mono amp. Great for a pair of mains or to run a center channel speakers. This is a powerful cube amp 7inx7x7. The amp can momentarily assign one channel more power than the other if needed, great for bi-amping.

I see not only are you a Carver fan but also run a set of forte's in a 2-channel rig. I picked up my forte's at Vintage Hi-Fi of Pittsburgh at the beginning of October for $200, got them home and have been listening to them ever since. Very nice speaker!! I've had a couple of TFM-55s, a TFM-45, a pair of TFM-35s, an M500T, several Carver receivers, and 3 Lightstar amplifiers. Now, let me qualify this next statement, this was my experience and my experience only, it applies to me and my rig. Now with that one little caveat I noticed if you don't need alot of power the M-500t is a beautiful amp and it sounds good but the mids struck me as a little closed in or crowded. The 55s are nice, I ran mine bridged to a set of Amazing Silvers. Now in my rig the TFM-45 had more accurate bass and seemed to have a better overall frequency balance.

Sadly, the cost of vintage Carver gear keeps escalating. Ebay, sheesh!!

Try looking at CarverAudio.com. Someone there might have something that would meet your needs. Look in the Sales for new members.

good luck!!

ray