Passing down forte II's

tblake10

My 17 year old son is the proud owner of forte II's. They have refreshed crossovers and titanium tweeter diaphrams so he should be good to go for a long time. I've had these for a few years but they have been sitting unused since I moved on to khorns. Had told him several times he could have them and he finally decided he wanted them and wanted to put a system in his room. Smart kid! Like many kids these days he had always busy listening to music on headphones from his computer, phone, etc.

His system is a vintage Sansui QR4500, a toshiba dvd/cd player, and the fortes. The sytem sounds great in his room and well, he is hooked. He's been in there every day listening. He can play music on the system through his computer and his phone. He likes to learn them and play them on his guitar too. He told his friends about the speakers and sent pictures, but he said they don't really understand what he has. I told him to have them over and listen, then they would get it!

I've tried to post a picture here but I don't know if it worked. If it didn't, I'll try again.

post-30594-13819826668714_thumb.jpg

Some quick advice, go to radioshack and get two fuse holders and fuses and add them to the tweeters if you have not done so already. I forget the size, but it is the fast blow fuses used in the ALK universal network. He will blow the tweeters if you do not do this (no matter what he says).

Otherwise, great start for him.

I've said that many times to both my boys about them having a much earlier start than me with quality audio gear. They seem to appreciate it. So far they have not given me much trouble and have taken care of business so that has a lot to do with it. The older one actually has a pair of forte II's as well with a Nakamichi ta-2a. He's married, out of the house and in physical therapy school. My dad loved music but he was not an audio guy by any means.

We have a lot of common ground on the kind of music we like. Of course they also like a couple of the newer things that I don't particularly care for and rightfully so. They like the old classic rock though like me and I like some of the new stuff that they like as well like the Avett Brothers and the Decemberists to name a couple.