For You Smokers Who Know You Need to Quit

Jeff Matthews

Um, well...... there are many differences between cellular phones and tobacco usage. Cell phones actually serve a functional purpose. Cell phones are not physically addictive. Cell phones are not (as yet) known to cause even a single illness. Tobacco is the only product legally sold that quite seriously addicts over 90% of its customers and kills when used at directed by the manufacturer. I'd be less concerned about E-cigs if they were not brought to us by the same countries who delivered formica substrates in baby formula. I'd be less concerned with smokers of anything if my social security check said- 'because you chose not to ruin your lungs the gov't is deducting less for your Medicare'. Personally I think cell phones are too small and I'm glad they were not around when I was working. Pagers were bad enough. Life is indeed a risky adventure. That does not mean it has to be lived recklessly. Should cell phone overuse ever be shown harmful I suspect some cloaking device will be devised and users could actually stop using them and not suffer from withdrawals. But I do not think problem would get ignored or tolerated 'as is'. Sincerely though best of luck with dumping the tobacco. It is not easy - but in time - you, and those who care about you, will gain much for the effort.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, well...... there are many differences between cellular phones and tobacco usage. Cell phones actually serve a functional purpose. Cell phones are not physically addictive. Cell phones are not (as yet) known to cause even a single illness. Tobacco is the only product legally sold that quite seriously addicts over 90% of its customers and kills when used at directed by the manufacturer. I'd be less concerned about E-cigs if they were not brought to us by the same countries who delivered formica substrates in baby formula. I'd be less concerned with smokers of anything if my social security check said- 'because you chose not to ruin your lungs the gov't is deducting less for your Medicare'. Personally I think cell phones are too small and I'm glad they were not around when I was working. Pagers were bad enough. Life is indeed a risky adventure. That does not mean it has to be lived recklessly. Should cell phone overuse ever be shown harmful I suspect some cloaking device will be devised and users could actually stop using them and not suffer from withdrawals. But I do not think problem would get ignored or tolerated 'as is'. Sincerely though best of luck with dumping the tobacco. It is not easy - but in time - you, and those who care about you, will gain much for the effort.

Well, yeah. Let's not compare cell phones to tobacco usage. Remember, the comparison is to ecigs. Totally different. Known danger vs. unknown risk.

"I'd be less concerned about E-cigs if they were not brought to us by
the same countries who delivered formica substrates in baby formula."

Yeah, How much mercury is acceptable in fish? Which pesticides are acceptable for use on your fruits and vegetables? Might that underarm deodorant have something to do with breast cancer? Are all those food preservatives really safe?

These questions abound everywhere, and if you took your own reasoning to heart, you'd see exactly the same points.

Everything people consume has utility to the consumer. You can't simply say smoking doesn't have utility because it doesn't fit your bill. For me, alcohol has no utility whatsoever. But yet, try telling that to a person who really enjoys beer/wine/liquor. In addition, I find no utility in deer meat. Others find quite a lot in it. Some people are really thrilled to drink raw milk, but yet the FDA has controversially said it's too risky to allow unfettered consumption of it.

I also like a little extra salt on my foods....

"Sincerely though best of luck with dumping the tobacco."

I know you mean that. I am not arguing to try to rile you up or because I feel defensive. Just making the counter-point that you and everyone else engage in the same unknown risks in almost every significant thing you do.

Outing smoking was the worst thing that ever happened to me.

Don't do it.

I now weigh so much the earth has taken on an axial tilt that has been traced back through geo-satellite analysis to my house. Lungs,. My lungs are shot from dragging my sagging butt up and down stairs. I'm a human bellows. I'm thinking of cannibalism, just to break up the gorging on pork. I have to hold out a mirror at arms length to see my toes. I fell off a ladder and caused the East Coast earthquake of two years past.

I used to look like the symbol of our greatest American party, the Democrats. Now people think I've become a republican.

Smoke, smoke them cigarettes. You'll thank me.

Happy New Year folks, 4 months ago I quit the habit after 50 yrs of heavy smoking, I found it hard going cold turkey, so I gave the e-Cigs a try.

At first I found them to be pretty disgusting but I stuck with it thinking of the benefits, however I soon found myself becoming reliant on the darn things, and spending as much or maybe more on them than the real thing.

After a month on them I decided that I was not going on with the e-Cigs, but I still had my commitment and felt that the only way to go was to suck it up and QUIT.

I'm am real pleased with myself, I got thru Xmas, and New Year with smokers around me, but I did not give into temptation.

The biggest suprise to me was how my sense of taste, and smell have improved, not to mention the fact I can now read a licence late from 1000yds, and and my hearing is up into the 45khz range and I am able to communicate with bats.....

Best of luck to anyone who's going to try quitting the "evil weed" this year..

Jeff, hang in there bro, dont let any of these fools make you waver. I dont consider myself a regular smoker as the only time I smoke is when i"m drinking, once a week or so, how do the ecigs do while drinking beer, I may have to try it.

On another note, when is Texas gonna get rid of Mack, move him up to ***. AD. What a huge mistake that was letting Muschamp get away, being a Miami Hurricane I would much rather him be in Texas and not Florida, he cuts into our recruiting in So Flo. I"ve been saying for years that Gary Patterson is the best coach in the state, give him the talent at UT and he would never lose a game. Now that he has moved into the big 12 and has the platform he needs Mack may as well retire, he whipped Texas in their house with the worst team he"s had in years, next year he will put an OU style whipping on them. I guess you could say i"m a closet frog lol

Roost

Could not find anything local, or I would have. Ordered from Liberty Flights. I got the Riva 510-T starter kit. I also bought 5 five-milliliter bottles of juice of different types, all in the 18 mg nicotene strength:

PG Hotel

PG RY4

PG Churchill

VG Flue-Cured

VG RY4

They really all seem quite similar to me, but others say they are very different to them. YMMV.

Total was $45 delivered Priority Mail from San Diego.

You know I've been around this forum for a long time and wouldn't BS a product. So, there you go.

I will be getting some fruit flavor samples next. Oddly, I did not think I would be interested in fruits, etc., but now that I have experienced this thing, I am very much open to the idea.

The flavors I got, listed above, are comparable to a sweeter-tasting Marlboro Light, Camel Light. First impression out of the box was - hmmm. I could do this for sure, but it's not all that great a replica of cigs. That was last night (my package arrived 4:00 p.m. yesterday). By mid-morning today, flavor was much improved. Even BETTER than the actual cigs I was smoking. I have read a few times where people said you have to allow a new atomizer a short burn-in period for best flavor. I guess so.....

Anyway, I appreciate the cold-turkey approach, and more power to those who can pull it off. I once quit for 3 years cold turkey when I was about 20 years old (smoking 7 years at that time). There is no way I'd ever make it cold turkey 31 years into it. That's just me. I suppose I'm a weaker victim to the habit.

Anyway, I have found my way to get rid of all the carcinogens and lung damage. That's good enough for me. Very, very happy.... My basketball game is going to get a heck of a lot better (I still play).

Have you tried ******?

Jeff, hang in there bro, dont let any of these fools make you waver. I dont consider myself a regular smoker as the only time I smoke is when i"m drinking, once a week or so, how do the ecigs do while drinking beer, I may have to try it.

Hey, Roost. Still going strong. Figuring out the parts still, but once my atomizer had about a half-day burn-in, the taste was even better than the cigs I was smoking. All this time, and I haven't even thought about smoking a cig. I can already breathe better - no lie. Plus, I don't go to bed with the gritty tar skid-marks down the back of my throat anymore.

I highly recommend the model I mentioned in the OP. However, experienced vapers say there are better ones. The blue-cig is crap, so they say.

Best of luck trying to wean yourself off nicotine.

I hope ecigs work for you, but the bottom line is that you can't quit until you simply decide that you are not going to do it any more. I had my last cigarette in 1972 - if I can do it you can do it

James

Have you tried ******?

Yes. Quite a few times, and I never got caught. Surprise

No not a bong and thats a waste to smoke that in a ******..... I was saying ****** cause you said the flavor might be nice.

BTW question about the device how do you load the nicotine?

You buy little vials of pre-mixed liquid - whatever flavor you want. You can mix flavors if you want, but it is not necessary. The liquid includes whatever concentration of liquid nicotene you prefer - from 0 mg to 24 mg. For my device, there arer some small, opaque, plastic tanks that are shaped a bit like the plastic tips you would put on a cigar; only these are rounder and more the diameter of a cigarette. One end of the tank has a rubber cap. Remove the cap, squeeze the liquid drops to fill it, replace the cap. Tank is full. Put it back on the device, and that's it.

Have you tried ******?

Yes. Quite a few times, and I never got caught. Surprise

No not a bong and thats a waste to smoke that in a ******..... I was saying ****** cause you said the flavor might be nice.

BTW question about the device how do you load the nicotine?

You buy little vials of pre-mixed liquid - whatever flavor you want. You can mix flavors if you want, but it is not necessary. The liquid includes whatever concentration of liquid nicotene you prefer - from 0 mg to 24 mg. For my device, there arer some small, opaque, plastic tanks that are shaped a bit like the plastic tips you would put on a cigar; only these are rounder and more the diameter of a cigarette. One end of the tank has a rubber cap. Remove the cap, squeeze the liquid drops to fill it, replace the cap. Tank is full. Put it back on the device, and that's it.

pm sent

• Moderators

You buy little vials of pre-mixed liquid - whatever flavor you want

For quitting cigarettes hash oil seems to give the best results. With mushroom juice a close second, you will just forget about cigs, or forget where you put them, either way works.

E-cigs are a great alternative! They are really starting to catch on, though I can't say I agree with the way they are marketed. That said, they are a step in the right direction. I personally use an old Lava Tube v1, and am looking to eventually get my hands on a Provari some time in the future. For anyone interested in non-biased information about E-cigs head over to http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum, it is a great site.

Another must see site is tasteyourjuice.com. The owner of the site, Phil Busardo, does a top-notch job at putting things into perspective. He regularly posts video reviews of everything E-cig related. Batteries, cartomizers, devices, and juice! Not to mention, he does it in a well-done, interesting, and fun way. I recently met him at VaporCon 2012, nice guy. Must watch videos are the "Beginners guide to e-cigs" posted on January 2, 2013 and the Crab Juice video.

In closing, it's great to see this thread, and that E-cigs are working as well for you as they have for myself. My quit date is April 25, 2011, and have never looked back. I have so much more endurance, and I don't smell like an ashtray. Additionally, I for one like knowing that what I am putting in my lungs can be counted on one hand, instead of ingesting who knows how many hundreds or even thousands of chemicals that are in tobacco these days.

Kudos (: