Klipsch La Scalas for sale, Fastrac horns, Crites tweeters, JBL 2420 mids, LaScalas

Blvdre

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

both my kids listened to tunes long before they were ever born. the day they came home from the hospital the music was plying the moment they came into the house and on all day and night till late. I remember my daughter at about three and a half coming down the stairs at about 1AM, I had taken a short music brake to decide what to play next. I saw her and asked if the music wwas bothering her and if she wanted me to turn it off. No she said I woke up because the music stopped just play something she said and went back to bed. I never once had to turn the tunes down for the kids to get to sleep. They are both grown and both have Klipsch rigs care of Dad, my son a set of Forte ll all ti drivers with four post Skylan stands NuForce Ref 8 amps and a McCormac pre and a modified DVD player for a source all cables by me. My daughter has a set of KLF20 with vents moved to the front braced all ti drivers bi amped with a Panasonic digital receiver the same DVD source as my son and all cables plus a nice BenQ projector. Nice rigs both of them.

This is truly a dream rig for someone to enjoy for a lifetime and to pass along to your kids after you and for the grandkids to listen to as well. Somebody jump. Best regards Moray James.

If I was closer or had some way to get these beauties to California they would sit next to my K-horns. My kids are all little and take so much time. When I get to sit and listen to my system, it is an absolute treat. Its interesting, I have a nice pair of JBL L880's that I use for HT. If I'm playing that system my kids will ask me to switch the music to the K-hornies as my daughter says. My 5 yr old son already asked me to give him the K-horns someday. Told him he will be waiting a Looooooong time. Good Luck, and yes this would be a great system to own. K-horn4

location is the main reason but pictures could be holding this sale back

Yeah, I have a bit of marketing to do. Timing as well. I'll have some pics up in a month or so and repost here, as well as locally. Hopefully by then, some of you will have tax return money burning a hole in your pocket :)

• 1 month later...

could be that since they are barely even klipsch anymore may have something to do with it, I know when I first read this post a long time ago I thought that. The only thing klipsch is the box and the woof, is that correct. I intend to buy a set of LSI"s one day, and if mods are needed I would like to stay klipsch with everything but maybe the x-over"s, which would come from Bob. I dont doubt these sound amazing but some folks are funny about that kind of stuff..........Roost

could be that since they are barely even klipsch anymore may have something to do with it, I know when I first read this post a long time ago I thought that. The only thing klipsch is the box and the woof, is that correct. I intend to buy a set of LSI"s one day, and if mods are needed I would like to stay klipsch with everything but maybe the x-over"s, which would come from Bob. I dont doubt these sound amazing but some folks are funny about that kind of stuff..........Roost

I know there are members here who are very protective of the original designs, and understandably so. Yes, the woofers and cabs are original, and I built the crossovers which are an A style with an additional cap to roll off the JBLs. I lived happily with these speakers in their stock config for many years before engaging in mods, so I was very familiar with their capabilities. When I installed mods, I did so one at a time, and then lived with the change for a while to see if I preferred the new configuration. In short, I was methodical and slow to make changes. IMO, this config improves on the original design in many areas, and I'm sure there are those who would be more than happy to have these speakers in their system.

Honestly I think detailed pics would help a great deal. I'm going to try and borrow our camera and tripod from work to take pics this weekend. Pics of the cabinet, JBL diaphragms, CD mounts and horns, labels, and cabinets.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks Chuck, I will post up a new thread for these. I've swapped the K-55 drivers back in and am rebuilding the crossovers as a type A with a 500Hz crossover point and mid horn -3db down from stock. All else is the same: Fastrac horns with Dave's aluminum motor boards, Crites tweeters, and original k-33 woofers. I'll post pics and details when they're ready to roll.