FS: Onkyo A-5VL *No longer for sale*

Rick

Up for grabs is one of my two Onkyo A-5VL integrated amps. It is just over 6 months old, and is in excellent condition. It comes from a child, smoke, and pet free home. Included in the sale are the amp, remote, power cord, and owner's manual. It will ship in the original box, and it will be double boxed as well. The price I paid is on the receipt shown below. My asking price is $280 shipped, Continental US only. As always, I can only accept a Postal Money Order/Certified Check.

Highlights:

• Class D Digital Amp
  • 40 watts per channel into 8 ohms
  • 80 watts per channel into 4 ohms
  • Claimed to be stable down to 2 ohms
  • Dual Mono construction with twin transformers and (4) 10,000 uF caps
  • Dual Burr-Brown (PCM 1796) 192 kHz/24 Bit D/A Converters
  • Onkyo VSLC Technology
  • 5 Analog Inputs including decent MM/MC switchable phono input
  • 2 Digital Inputs - 1 optical/1 coaxial
  • High quality binding posts and input jacks
  • Detachable Power Cord
  • Dimensions: 17-1/8" W x 3-1/8" H x 13-3/8" D
  • Weight: 22.5 lbs. (this little amp is a solid little brick[8-|])

Onkyo product Page:

http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=A-5VL&class=Amplifier&p=i

A-5VL001.jpg?t=1356999660

A-5VL.jpg?t=1356999671

A-5VL2.jpg?t=1356999685

A-5VL012.jpg?t=1356999652

Rick,

What speakers were you driving with the Onkyo? I have always been intrigued by this Onkyo integrated/DAC but the low power rating has kept me from pulling the trigger. What I have read about this amp is not to be put off by the power rating, it drives speakers like it has double the published power. But if weight can be an indicator of power supply, that little CD player sized amp must be solid as you describe.

I am a little gear heavy right now or I might just grab this thing.

Good luck with your sale and Happy New Year,

Bill

Rick,

What speakers were you driving with the Onkyo? I have always been intrigued by this Onkyo integrated/DAC but the low power rating has kept me from pulling the trigger. What I have read about this amp is not to be put off by the power rating, it drives speakers like it has double the published power. But if weight can be an indicator of power supply, that little CD player sized amp must be solid as you describe.

I am a little gear heavy right now or I might just grab this thing.

Good luck with your sale and Happy New Year,

Bill

Bill,

I drove a variety of speakers with this amp, including Chorus IIs, Energy RC-10s, Polk Rti6s, Polk LSi7s, and Monitor Audio Silver RX1s. It had no problem powering any of them. This amp and the Energy RC-10s are a particularly sweet sounding combo, and that's what I'm running in the bedroom setup...

I am no expert on DAC's, but I think the ones in this unit sound very good. I had my blu-ray player hooked up to the coaxial input, and the sound from my tv hooked up to the optical input, and they both sounded better than through the analog outs of both sources.

Happy New Year to you as well!! [<:o)][^]