2nd sub not showing up in mcacc setup for my pioneer elite receiver

synergyfreak

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused, I thought you had a 7.1 avr. If it is 7.1 the second sub will not show. With the Y-connector it will see them as one sub. This is ok since it is not EQ'ing them. It will treat them as one sub for standing wave correction and phase control. Set the phase to 0 in most cases. You need a 2nd person to setup variable phase control to see what yeilds the most output. If you don't have the mic, use a spl meter to setup ea. sub at 73 db, then check it again with both subs on and turn the sub down on the avr to equal the speaker settings of 70-75 and you should be pretty good. Remember you should not hear the subs when integrated into the system.

Try it, but usually subwoofer plus is for double bass. Run full MCACC then set speaker to small or some other setting. Then run auto MCACC which will calibrate symmetry, all channels adj, and front align. The plus setting is not needed with descent sub and usually leads to bad bass. I would call Pioneer on the second sub not showing up in the GUI.

ok just making sure noticed i needed to do an update for my receiver model, suppose to fix a pandora issue; I did find out from another forum that the only models that will show up in the mcacc as two subs is the previous sc-09 model, they said it maybe two separate sub outputs on the receiver, that was better to run a y adapter to both inputs, not sure if that sounds right or makes sense derrickdj1 what do you think.

The .2 mean that two sub can be hooked up to the two separate inputs. The avr will determine distance, phase and standing waves and set the subs up correctly. The standing wave setting under MCACC data check will show the three filters. One is for the sub and is a 3 band parametric equalizer for the sub. EQ' ing subs usually takes care of one dominant peak in the room. 2 subs work by evening out the bass response in the room due to modes. No amount of EQ'ing can get rid of room modes that came with the house. Using a Y connector with a .1 system of Pioneer will do the same thing. Unless your room is over 40 ft. no need to EQ below 60 Hz.

Not sure how this has resolved (or if it has) but just because an AVR has 2 separate sub outs and/or is called by its manufacturer an "x.2" AVR doesn't mean that the two sub outs are treated individually and independently. On some AVRs they are, and the AVR can EQ and bass and time manage each output independently, but on many AVRs the 2 sub outs are simply duplicate outputs that provide nothing that is any different than using a Y-splitter on an AVR's single sub out could provide.