MCM 1900

Gnote

There is nothing smaller that Klipsch makes that even comes close to the MCM. I know because I have owned almost all of them and/or heard A/B comparsions to the few I haven't owned and it it simply is not even close. The bigger the better..........if implemented properly.

I will say that I was very surprised how nice these sound at low to moderate listening levels. I was pretty sure going in that they could piss off a few neighbors and do it well. They really do everything well . Years ago I ended up with LaScala's and Belle's and thought this is it ! How could you need anything more ? Well You Don't ! BUT these are just in a different league ,they truly outperform everything else I've heard by a long shot ( With the exception of Claude's 402's )

Actually there is one thing these don't do well , and that is bad source material !. There are some recordings I've had that were fine before but when played through these its almost painful !

Mark Thanks for your input ! I know you are very knowledgeable and I hold your opinions in high regard !

Oh and I know my speakers aren't too big , My room is too small :)

• Like 2

However, even with what im about to Dial in (EAWs), I still need to keep that open mind

Those look massive ! and that is coming from a guy with MCM's :o

I have been following that and I know your initial impressions are that you are very pleased.

I'm happy you found those and I'm looking forward to your thoughts !

• Like 2

I really need to hear these!! Someday I will own a MCM set... :D

You or any forum member are welcome to stop by any time .

I don't have the knowledge that many of these guys have. Especially the guys that post in the Pro Section but my place is open to any member wanting to hear MCM's or THX Ultra 2's.

You're pretty tenacious about getting gear so I'm guessing you will get a set :)

However, even with what im about to Dial in (EAWs), I still need to keep that open mind

Those look massive ! and that is coming from a guy with MCM's :o

I have been following that and I know your initial impressions are that you are very pleased.

I'm happy you found those and I'm looking forward to your thoughts !

1K Wpc (Cheapies) crossovers will be in in the next two days, then I gut, rewire, then convert to full three way, once that is done, then i play with some cap combinations, until I get "The Sound", then that being done, I will be looking into what Dean will charge for the good stuff.

The reason im doing this myself is, fisrt, it's only a C note to play with these, second EAW employees have recommended I try this as they have done.

Edited by minermark

I really need to hear these!! Someday I will own a MCM set... :D

You or any forum member are welcome to stop by any time .

I don't have the knowledge that many of these guys have. Especially the guys that post in the Pro Section but my place is open to any member wanting to hear MCM's or THX Ultra 2's.

You're pretty tenacious about getting gear so I'm guessing you will get a set :)

Appreciate that.. Just may take you up on it.. Im currently happy with everything now.. I do most of my tinkering in the winter and sit back and enjoy it in the summer... Who knows what this winter ill bring.. ha ha :ph34r:

When I am serious this will be the first place I look and ill hit all you guys up with those systems.. Maybe, just maybe ill get lucky and one of you guys will be off loading a set.. And thats the problem, they are so good and rare that no one wants to part with them!! :(

We picked up a set of the MWM bins from JWC, to be used at our school. At present they are in storage, until we get some more things to go with them. I can hardly wait. They are all stock, meant for a permanent install, as they have no trim or handles.

Bruce

Edited by Marvel

We picked up a set of the MWM bins from JWC, to be used at our school. At resent they are in storage, until we get some more things to go with them. I can hardly wait. They are all stock, meant of a permanent install, as they have no trim or handles.

Bruce

Lucky School !

They will be more fortunate when we find a good place to set them up and get i completed. I am giving a pair of JBL 2365 horns for them to use, even if it is a temporary solution. I can hardly wait. These were beasts to move, especially without any handles. We are aimling for a playback system for the music department.

Bruce

These were beasts to move, especially without any handles. We are aimling for a playback system for the music department.

They are a bear to move!

The kids in the music department are going to be spoiled BUT you may have unintentionally cursed them to spend the rest of their life chasing that sound :D Probably get a huge influx of new forum members when they graduate

These were beasts to move, especially without any handles. We are aimling for a playback system for the music department.

They are a bear to move!

The kids in the music department are going to be spoiled BUT you may have unintentionally cursed them to spend the rest of their life chasing that sound :D Probably get a huge influx of new forum members when they graduate

Let's hope so.

• 1 month later...

Also, consider upgrading the drivers i the MWM's. I am astounded at how good they sound with the Eminence Lab15 drivers. Eminence being the OEM of the Klipsch drivers, it's not a stretch really to put a lab15 in there. A little social engineering to find out the T&S of the original drivers, and the lab15 wasn't terribly far off, so I took a shot at it, and it worked out GREAT.

This is a pic of my system at Burning Man 2 weeks ago. It was running all that on 2 outlets of a small ~5000W gasoline powered generator.

Oh, Hi smash :D

• 6 years later...

Found this old thread and have my own set of MCM1900s. I had them in our warehouse loft and are now moving them to out new home in our car barn. Metal building 100' x 80' , 14' eaves and a 19' peak. Building is insulated (from temp) but should help with sound reflections.

I did replace some bad drivers, when I had them operational before and the results were astounding. Warm sound and floats in the air. Really want to hear them in the new location. I have a picture of myself and one set in our old home. It will definitely be a job to move them, and won't be done quickly. I suspect 4 strong people to move each cabinet!

In sending pictures apparently needed to upload to a service with URLs

• Like 3

9 hours ago, nickyboy6100 said:

I agree. Nothing that I’ve heard compares to the big Klipsch horn loaded speakers. One day, I will have some. 

you own the KPT 942-4  ---with quadruple woofers from ---I would think you would have the ultimate -