MCM 1900

Gnote

• Moderators
2 hours ago, mark1101 said:

I heard Haydel's doesn't put the baby inside the cake anymore and it just comes "on the side".  It has been a few years, hasn't it?

I think that's true, we have a favorite king cake Randazzos, but many are good. Yes it has been a few years, I'm getting old when things that seem like it just happened was years ago.

Thank you for lettings us stay overnight and even cooking dinner, Salmon cooked on the grill, (I remember) and it was very good. It was really nice to meet your wife, she seems like a fun person, good for you considering some women out there today you got very lucky. :emotion-21: 

Those cabinets from you are now in my shop, and they sound good.

Thanks for everything, between you and JC I have the best sound I have ever had, even in the shop.  

• Like 2

On 2/17/2021 at 9:18 PM, dtel said:

I think that's true, we have a favorite king cake Randazzos, but many are good. Yes it has been a few years, I'm getting old when things that seem like it just happened was years ago.

Thank you for lettings us stay overnight and even cooking dinner, Salmon cooked on the grill, (I remember) and it was very good. It was really nice to meet your wife, she seems like a fun person, good for you considering some women out there today you got very lucky. :emotion-21: 

Those cabinets from you are now in my shop, and they sound good.

Thanks for everything, between you and JC I have the best sound I have ever had, even in the shop.  

A co-worker made a boudain king cake.  OMG it was delicious.  It has some sort of glaze that allowed small chunks of bacon to stick to it then he served it with a drizzle of maple syrup.  i could make myself sick eating that.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

A co-worker made a boudain king cake.  OMG it was delicious.  It has some sort of glaze that allowed small chunks of bacon to stick to it then he served it with a drizzle of maple syrup.  i could make myself sick eating that.

That sounds good. 

When we were in Lafayette once we went to a local grocery called NuNu's, they specialize in  good sausage, boudin and many other things.

We tried there ribeye's, what they do is cut them up into 3/4" squares, season the meat and wrap them in good bacon.  When grilled they are amazing, we even tried it here since, it's really hard to stop eating them.  

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 9:35 PM, dtel said:

We tried there ribeye's, what they do is cut them up into 3/4" squares, season the meat and wrap them in good bacon.  When grilled they are amazing, we even tried it here since, it's really hard to stop eating them. 

My mouth is watering...  Wife and I are on special diets, and I stopped drinking beer for a while. I've lost 5 pounds in the past couple of weeks, down to 143.

We are within walking distance of our favorite meat shop... love to get their thick sliced bacon and pork ribs, but they are all off the table for a while. 😪

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am lucky to have a set as well that I play outside. Mine have two mid range boxes. They love tube gear and I am running Audio Research Reference 210's and a Reference 6 pre amp. Nothing quite like it and every Klipsch lover need to see what BIG speakers sound like. I used to think La Scalas were fine.............until now

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, trapper9 said:

. Nothing quite like it and every Klipsch lover need to see what BIG speakers sound like.

True, what I like most is not that they can go loud, any speaker can, but how they sound effortless and they sound large even at low or mid volumes. It sounds like there not even trying, just cruising along.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dtel said:

True, what I like most is not that they can go loud, any speaker can, but how they sound effortless and they sound large even at low or mid volumes. It sounds like there not even trying, just cruising along.

Soooo true! Just because they are big doesn't mean they have to be loud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Soooo true! Just because they are big doesn't mean they have to be loud.

Never a truer statement. The first thing people say when seeing a LS, KHorn, Jubilee and of course the 1900 is “ I bet those things are loud”. Yep they can be or they can play soft background music with aplomb. Much like a fast cars or motorcycles - they are only as fast as you press the pedal. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, richieb said:

Never a truer statement. The first thing people say when seeing a LS, KHorn, Jubilee and of course the 1900 is “ I bet those things are loud”. Yep they can be or they can play soft background music with aplomb. Much like a fast cars or motorcycles - they are only as fast as you press the pedal. 

It's the presence the big boys bring to the table. You can hear 35hz and think OK. Then you can hear 35hz with feeling from a big horn and feel chill bumps at the very same volume. I had a friend over one day and I played Pink Floyd's "Time".  I looked at my arm with the hair standing straight up and glanced at Bernard who was looking at his arm hair standing straight up.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 3/11/2021 at 8:51 AM, richieb said:

The first thing people say when seeing a LS, KHorn, Jubilee and of course the 1900 is “ I bet those things are loud”.

I have heard that so many times I can't count, it's how big it sounds not how loud it goes. 

Now these are pretty,  they are NOT mine, I just liked the look so much I saved the picture, and got the idea to make mine in Oak. 

mwm'. (2).jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dtel said:

I have heard that so many times I can't count, it's how big it sounds not how loud it goes.

YES!!  I am pondering building an 8' deep S-MWM with an approximate  180" potential throat. I am thinking if I make it a vertical 8' with a side exit it won't be such a space hog and really get down there. Build a shelf on the front side for the 402's and the more I think about this the more I am tempted. I am at a 108" throat depth now and I bet I can go longer and still crossover at around 600hz. Maybe not 8' down and back but enough to get down to at least 20 to 22hz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, dtel said:

INow these are pretty,  they are NOT mine, I just liked the look so much I saved the picture, and got the idea to make mine in Oak. 

Elden , quick question , does   the MCM 1900  use the steel basket K43 ,   Mike   @colterphoto1    used to use  cast frame k43

https://community.klipsch.com/uploads/monthly_10_2013/post-10755-13819410829926.jpg

• Moderators
4 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Elden , quick question , does   the MCM 1900  use the steel basket K43 ,   Mike   @colterphoto1    used to use  cast frame k43

I honestly don't know, I have some K43's in the ones I put in the shop but it's been so long since I had them open I have no idea which ones are in them ?

Now that I think about it I bought the cabinets used with no drivers and got some K 43's from a forum member so mine may not be original for that design either ?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dtel said:

Now that I think about it I bought the cabinets used with no drivers and got some K 43's from a forum member so mine may not be original for that design either ?

cool , so you have 2 pairs --

33 minutes ago, Marvel said:

^^^ He built four singles out of red oak plywood. Those are inside with k402 horns on top.

The other singles are for the shop and yard system.

Now I understand why he grabbed the last pair ,  these speakers sure dont come too often --

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Marvel said:

^^^ He built four singles out of red oak plywood. Those are inside with k402 horns on top.

The other singles are for the shop and yard system.

Exactly, and the ones for the yard are now in the shop but can still go out in the yard.

3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Now I understand why he grabbed the last pair ,  these speakers sure dont come too often --

For a while there were lot's of pairs around, it seems to come and go. The singles are not in production anymore so I drew some plans when I measured the factory pair to build mine for inside.

• Like 1