WTB-Turntable

z4j

Hello. I wanted to start here first since I got such excellent information on the CF-3s and now new Outlaw reciever. I'm hoping to pick up a nice, used--properly working turntable. Doesn't have to be the best, just something good to listen to with my working class set-up :-)

I'd like to stay under $200.

Please let me know if you have anything that would match up nicely with my CF-3 and Outlaw.

Thank you all very much.

• Like 1

I've got a nice Thorens TD160 (Mk1) with TP16 arm and a hardly used Shure M97xe cart.Original Teak plinth, no cover (guy I purchased it from had it in a cabinet. New belt and fresh Phil Wood oil in the spindle/thrust bearing cavity. The table works flawlessly and sounds great, however, if you have bouncy floors you will be tip-toeing across the room when playing so it doesn't skip. These suspension tables really work best sitting on a wall mount. If you go that route, you'll have no issue. I'll let her go for 200.00, plus shipping. I can send or post pics if interested.

Technics SL 1500. Can let go for $90 plus shipping. No headshell or cartridge. Cables were replaced previously. One connector is a little wonky, but I can repair that before shipment.

PM me for more details if interested.

Where are you located? Might find a table local and save on shipping.

Thank you for the replies. Please keep them coming. Rpampt- many are tellimg me to go with a Tech, but I need to go plug and play with this project as I have zero time right now--thank you though. ACM- could you post a few photos please? Have a great day :-)

• Like 1

I second the Thorens, but like said if you have bouncy floors you will need to go with a wall mount. I have a td166 and ended up building a wall mount for it. Where are you located maybe some one can help you find one on your local cl. The technics are a good table and a great starter. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...