Cornwall III or RF-7 II??? Please help running out of time.

I'd also throw a rug on the floor and some decorative sound absorbing panels on the wall. I can't imagine anything would sound good in that room as it is. The room itself is gorgeous but looks way too reflective to sound good with ANY speaker. The highs would run me out.

Seems like the popular vote is leaning toward the RF -7 ii.....CW III owners please chime in too

I should say my music preference are rock and jazz. Im not sure the 7 like my ice powered nht power 5 amp

Could be an issue?

I already did chime in, but I'll do it again.[:P] I own 7's Corn 2's and Cornscala's that are pretty extreme and like I said, they all sound great and I've run them side by side and my 7's are still the heart of my "matching" HT RF set up and are used more for 2 channel than HT and if there were some drastic difference I would have already moved the Cornscala and Cornwalls and Heresy's into position for HT and had an entire heritage HT, but I didn't and that's all I'm going to say about that. LOL KEEP YOUR 7's

Seems like the popular vote is leaning towards the RF -7 ii.....CW III owners please chime in too I should say my music preference are rock and jazz. Im not sure the 7 like my ice powered nht power 5 amp Could be an issue?

What don't you like about the sound, too bright?????????

Very good point with the throw rug. What you cannot see also is the wall behind me is pure glass with a triple sliding door. Luckly my Onkyo PR 5508 pre/pro has Audyssey Xt32 which corrects it to a decent eq curve.

The best eq in the world won't fix that many reflective surfaces.

Everything CECAA says here is gospel, you can rely on him. Eq won't fix room reflections, if you do any percentage of multi-channel music (concert films anyone), or movies you'll appreciate the matched front three speakers. I've got a pair of CWIII and had the H III and they're much better than their predecessors but for your room I'd spend some time and energy on room treatments and stick with what you've got.

CECAA that is a huge vote of confidence to the RF-7 II. Its not too bright after I run XT32. It just seem like it has almost a weak midrange from what I was remembering the CW I to have. I then thought maybe it a 2 way vs. a 3 way issue with the CW having the horns xover at 800hz vs. the 7 at 1200hz. So I got started on thinking about the CW III. My dealer says no problem on the exchange just have to throw some more money at him.

I know that Ice class D amplifier have some problems driving certin speakers.....But I didnt want to dwell so much on that as I could change the amplifier quite easly. But the decision I have to make this weekend between the RF-7 and the CW III is something I have to live with for years. So your opinions are really respected.

Your eq MAY be pulling the midrange down also depending on what it's trying to accomplish. Treating your room will make it sound like you've bought a brand new pair of speakers. Your room has more of an influence on what you hear than anything else. Room treatments aren't near as fun to buy or dream about as amps or speakers but they have more of an influence on what you hear than just about anything else.

I'm not trying to discount the difference between the two lines however, there is definitely a different sonic signature to each line.

I have been toggling the XT32 eq on and off to make sure its not having too much influance on my decision process.

Having said that I am leaning toward keeping the RF-7 II... Here is a pros and con list on keeping them.

PROS:

1. Matching timber for movie watching.

2. Saving 800.00 dollars

3. I think the RF-7 II smaller footprint are easier to place.

Staying with the Reference line allows my to mix and match RF for future rooms.

4. Movies sound awesome on the RF series.... zero issues on that front.

CONS:

1. So far missing some midrange magic of the Heritage...(subjective...please don't flame me)

This could be addressed with room treatments and equipement.

2. While two channel is very good with the RF-7 II....My super fond memeries of the CW are keeping me up at night.

3. No mid range horn. Pro or Con? PK seem to like them.

4. Losing the matching RF set for movies.

I guess I was trying to see if I could have my cake and eat it too with mixing the RF line with Heritage line.

Please jump in here if I missed anything...

Thanks

PROS:

1. Matching timber for movie watching.

A must in my opinion for an accurate movie presentation.

2. While two channel is very good with the RF-7 II....My super fond memeries of the CW are keeping me up at night.

Very valid point but a well matched preamp/amp/speaker combination can amke all the difference in 2-channel.

3. I think the RF-7 II smaller footprint are easier to place.

Staying with the Reference line allows my to mix and match RF for future rooms.

The Cornwall III's are big and fat(does not degrade sound quality)[;)] Good point with future expansion.

4. Movies sound awesome on the RF series.... zero issues on that front.

It would take one heck of a set of matching speakers, Klipsch or any other brand, to duplicate a movie experience with the RF-7II setup.

CONS:

1. So far missing some midrange magic of the Heritage...(subjective...please don't flame me)

This could be addressed with room treatments and equipement.

Also understandable, the Cornwall III's are world class. Proper room treatments will definitely help.

Refer to response to CON question #2.

3. No mid range horn. Pro or Con? PK seem to like them.

3-way vs 2-way will debated until the next Mayan calander ends.[8-)]

4. Losing the matching RF set for movies.

Refer to answer to PRO question #1.

Bill

I'm not going to say anything that someone hasn't already said....! But I thought I'd chime in.

Keep the 7's and treat the room and you've got one hell of a Home Theater! DONE!

If, down the road, you still miss the Corns, shop the used market for some 1's that you remember and bring them back up to spec. and give them a try.

Can you add draperies to the "Glass" wall, to tame the reflections? You may be losing some of your Mid-range detail in reflections. Muddy sound is muddy sound and hides the details.

Good luck and keep us posted,

Dennie