My very first experience with a pair of Klipsch speakers. The Chorus II

StratCountry

I purchased my chorus II's on Dec 18, from ebay from a nice gentleman in Chicago. He didn't want to ship them, which I understood, he offered to meet me half way to WI Dells, he was from Chicago, I'm 20 miles South of Eau Claire, WI. Exchange was done on, Jan 5th.

After unboxing the first speaker in my living room, I was impressed how nice the speakers really looked, ad description had said, 7 out of 10, it was more like, a 9. The other speaker looked just as great.

After hooking up the speakers, I slipped in the first CD. When the music started playing, My son & I had a wide grin on our faces and I would have to say, we were pretty much speechless

First of all, the timbre, I believe this is the right term for treble, was just amazing, it seemed like the timbre went on forever after a good crack of the drumstick onto the snare drums and the same with the crash of the top hats, awesome! When the drumsticks hit the skin on the drums, there will be such a slap sound on every hit the instant it made contact. I can now hear the slightest tick when the drummer would just ever so lightly tap the top hats during a soft passage.

The clarity or dynamics in the treble range, is so well defined, making everything you hear, have a sharp snap, pop, crack when the sticks strike the drums & top hats. Did I say INCREDIBLE!

I mean, it's like standing right there on stage, along side of all the players in a band, hearing everything the way it should be.

I hear the pick sliding across all the strings on a acoustic guitar or when the pick attacks the string on the electric guitar, meaning the sound you hear in person, the click, the instant the string is struck.

The mid-range horns are fine. I never have been a fan of mid-range frequencies, but here, they sound just right, Something I can listen to all day without a bit of problem.

For the bass, this is another area that just blows me away! For only going down to 39hz, the 15" drivers can really grooowwll with authority & confidence, amazingly, even at a low volume. The bass has an excellent rich full body sound, thick but very strong & clear, not the boominess.

The mid-bass has a strong punchy thump thump thump, at times, I swear, it's moving my hair on my head, and I have fairly thick hair. When the thing that hits the bass drum, I can hear the poohf sound when it contacts the bass drum skin. The bass drivers does a superb job of accurately sounding the notes of the bass guitar.

I'll end it here, I believe I can go for pages.

ANYONE THAT WAS HESITANT ABOUT PURCHASING A kLIPSCH SPEAKER, PARTICULARLY THE CHORUS II's, I BELIEVE THE FORTE II'S ALSO, DON'T BE AFRAID TO DO IT.

I have never heard a pair of Klipsch speakers 'til now, let alone, any pair of horn speakers. My Chorus II's have switched hands for the last time, they have a permanent spot in my home.

I apologize for any bad grammar, I was typing this while listening to my music, at times, I would lose myself.

I can upload a few photos of my prize speakers, as soon as I figure how to do so.

post-57630-13819827309606_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Great to hear, and a very nice model for a first choice. [Y]

A good horn speaker can give you all your talking about, about as close to live music as you can get. It's the main reason everyone here is a fan of Klipsch and can understand what and why your saying this.

Have fun [8]

....after looking at the picture again, is there any way you can spread them further apart?

It will give you a bigger soundstage and if you get them near the walls, it will reenforce the bass. (not that it needs it [:P])

Just a thought,

Dennie

....after looking at the picture again, is there any way you can spread them further apart?

It will give you a bigger soundstage and if you get them near the walls, it will reenforce the bass. (not that it needs it Stick out tongue)

Just a thought,

Dennie

I understand that, for now, I'm fairly limited on speaker placement
because of my L-shaped sofa. The soundstage is narrow, but when I'm in
it, it's great.

Glad to hear how you are enjoying your Chorus II's.

I have been enjoying Chorus II's for almost 23 years now and still get excited about listening to them.

I have owned several models but these are keepers.

Congrats.

I purchased a pair of speakers in the 80's new, DBX Sounfield V, 5-way drivers w/15" bass driver. I've run these all this while, I thought these DBX's sounded great which I was I extremely happy with them, but it was time to move on to something more grand. As you know, I'm glad I did, so much better!

Thanks for your very descriptive post! I'm sitting in my basement listening to my Chorus I speakers that I just purchased yesterday (50 bucks!). As of right now my wife's old Aiwa boombox is providing the amplification and I'm listening to Pandora on my laptop and even with that less-than-ideal setup they really sound beautiful.

Ditto what everyone else has said. A beautiful pair of Chorus II speakers. They ae the other model I would take over my LaScalas. (I know other models are great as well, but the Chorus series is really superb. Beautiful sound and easier placement than my LS. Way more WAF!

Bruce

Ditto what everyone else has said. A beautiful pair of Chorus II speakers. They ae the other model I would take over my LaScalas. (I know other models are great as well, but the Chorus series is really superb. Beautiful sound and easier placement than my LS. Way more WAF!

Bruce

My wife even said that the speakers look & sound nice, usually, she does't comment about my audio gear, good or bad. Kind of a warm feeling there.

Congratulations on acquiring your first pair of Klipsch speakers. Chorus II's were my first pair as well & I have been very happy with my choice for 20+ years. From what I have read it seems you will be also. Enjoy rediscovering your music collection, especially your more well recorded discs, it will be quite an eye opening experience.