Purchased a pristine set of Belles

Awsom71

The search is over ...I've been looking for a long time and finally found a pair just down the road from me. (No Shipping)

After I hooked them up in my living room and replaced my Heresys - I found that the Yamaha AVR I've been using just don't cut it.

Looking for a nice AVR - any suggestions that would work good for my setup ? Trying not to go to an amp/preamp setup, but will if I have to.

Right now I have a Cerwin Vega center channel and two Cerwin Vega subs with two Cerwin Vega rears.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for a nice AVR - any suggestions that would work good for my setup ? Trying not to go to an amp/preamp setup, but will if I have to.

Congratulations You are gonna love those.I have a set and love them. FWIW I run mine with an old Denon AVR 3805 and it runs them very well.

I have thought about hooking them up to my Sepperates (Classe SSP300 and an Emotiva XPA5) but really haven't felt a need to since they sound great and moving the Belles or getting the gear out of the rack would be a major PITA .

I just threw out the Denon to give you an idea of what could run them and believe me I like it loud sometimes. You will give up before the Belles or a receiver in that range will! Will the sepperates sound better? Probably! (I spent a lot on them) Are they worth it? Maybe? But a good receiver with a pair of Belles will not disappoint!

Keep in mind when budgeting for a receiver you might want to budget for a center channel .I might be wrong but I believe those Belles are going to overtake your current one .

Good Luck

Belles, the most beautiful speaker Paul ever made. Also the best sounding unless you have that "perfect" room. Wink

Now quit screwing around and find a good tube amp for those babys.

You only beat me by a few minutes in getting those Belles...

Bruce

"You only beat me by a few minutes in getting those Belles..."

What did they go for?

Randy could make you a set in any finish you want.

I can't remember what they went for, but it was a very reasonable amount. A nice older gentleman had them for sale. At the time, I had the money...

Bruce

The original Craigslist ad was answered by a vintage audio equipment hawk who bought the speakers for $800.00. He then put them on Craigslist a week later asking $1,400.00 I called him and said that I had tried to buy them the week before and that I would pay $1,000.00 for them if in good working condition. He agreed and I picked them up for a grand.