*sold* FS: Juicy Music Peach Preamp *sold*

waverly

I have a mint Juicy Music Peach Preamp, with light colored wood cabinet. I purchased the unit new for $1200, The unit was serviced by Mark Deneen a year ago and it has since not been used. I was going to use it to setup my 2 channel audio room in my new house, but, i am thinking of selling it and buying something else.

Asking $800 shipped, please add 3% if using paypal I live in Charleston, SC and will ship to all states within U.S.

Thanks!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I’m not currently in the market for a pre amplifier; however, pictures may help create some interest with others. In addition, do you know if this Peach is version 1 (with all 6DJ8/6922 type tubes) or has it been modified to version 2 status (with the 6H30 tube) or one of Mark’s versions that used the 6H30 tube as original equipment? The tube complement may be important for potential buyers looking for a pre amplifier.

For that price I don't think I'd be asking too awful many questions if I was in the market! But if the seller purchased it new for $1200 from Mark it has to be one of the early models since the retail price was much higher as the years went by. That is a great deal if it is working properly and in visually nice condition.

Yup, its one of the early models that he was selling to board members back in 2004, Its in perfect condition, there is not one blemish on it what so ever. I used this with a couple Dynaco Mark III's that Craig (NOSValves) had completely rebuilt for me, triode boards, seperate bias for each tube, banana connectors, etc.... Man what a sweet setup that was with my RF-7's, mind you this was back in 2004 and 2005.

I literally used this preamp for maybe 3 months and then i boxed it up due to moving and going into the Army, for years it sat boxed up in my closet back at home in Texas, then finally after 7 years i pulled it out over a year ago and sent it in to Mark to have him look it over and he checked it out, serviced it and sent it back to me and i never took it out of the box till just a few days ago, it is mint!

I'll let Craig chime in but if I remember correctly, those Dynaco Monos are probably an early iteration of the VRD's (meaning Craig restored and modded a set, then used that knowledge to design the VRD's - I think Gary had the actual Dynacos).

Nope the set that led me to the realization I could not accomplish what I wanted to do in that small form factor went to Gary Powers who later of course went all the way with a pair of VRD's then I believe that set was sold to Rich who also ended up going with VRD's. I lost track of where that set is now. The set mentioned above I believe were just my Dynaco Mark III modification package that gets you close to VRD land but not all the way...

Good guess though!

That is not the earliest version of the Peach that is from the time frame of the release of the upgraded Blueberry which came to be known as the BBX with the Black tones face plate (less juicy looking). Basically the Peach Extreme in a way. The final version I believe was called the Peach II with remote control and a basic brushed aluminum face plate either raw brushed aluminum finish of black anodized.

$800 is a crazy good price for this preamp.