Out door speakers

dsommerl

My system has extended to the deck.

I have wired and ready to go--now need a pair of speaks

The location of which will be very exposed to the elements (no soffit or awning etc protection--at all)

My research reveals that most if not all outdoor models (incl Klipsch) are "weather resistant" and recommend some soffit or otherwise sheltering.

HOwever, in the Parts Express catalog I see some "Marine" speaker offerings----"weather proof" spec.

Would like any input on this subject---should I get the "weatherproof" specs and if so, whose do you recommend---mfg and model # etc?

Tks all Dave

get sa-2's or sa-3's.my dad (per my recommendation) got a pair of both outside,the 3's on the back porch, and the 2's on the dock. they jam! avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

Check out the JBL Professional Series Control 28 or Control 30. Places like Busch Gardens and Seaworld use these all over their parks and are exposed. The Control 28's would blown away most hifi outdoor speakers and Control 30's are even better with 10" woofer and horn driver. Not sure how much 30's cost but you can get a pair of 28's for $350 or less per pair and that's cheap compared to any larger hifi outdoors like Klipsch or Boston Acoustic etc. Check out www.jblpro.com.

Dave,

The cheapest price I have been able to find is at www.cinemadealer.com. When you go to the site click JBL speakers then click surrounds and Control 28's are close to the bottom for about $160 apiece. There is also a place called www.fullcompass.com and they have just the list prices(you have to call them).

But when I do my outside system this is the way I will go.