variety w/ another site this ,A-Gon and Club Polk

leftwinger57

Hi guys I always look for bargins and seeing that the klipsch I want are almost never to be found or are across country where shipping is problematic I took a look at

another site.This was Canuk Audio Mart and to me the variety was astounding ,yes they are up in Canada and the shipping again would more than likely cancel any sale

but for shear volume it was really impressive. Here things do not seem to either turn over quickly or new items just don't come up at a pace that is comparable w/ Canuks.

Over at the Polk site it seems there really is a club atmosphere and if you know the guys you can get a good deal.Audioagon I like just because it's quality gear at mostly reasonable prices and at times side deals can be made. C/L lately is a bust and I was told the holiday season is the worst for that site but I don't know and GoodWILL

and other thrift stores are either thread bare or they know what items are selling for on E-BAY and try to get as much as possible. Any one else find any of this to be

true .Besides my H/T gear all other stuff was either C/L or Good Will and was in great shape and is still being used today.

Agree, for us(neighbors to the north), Canuck Audio mart is a favorite of choice. I've bought two sets of La Scala's there. With only 30m people, not sure about the volume though. Living in or near the largest centre in Canada, most of the good stuff for me is fairly local. Within a 2 hour road trip. Your right, shipping would kill the deal along with any import taxes there might be.

C/L lately is a bust and I was told the holiday season is the worst for that site .

I would tend to agree that for the most part what I find on craigs list is so inflated price wise I don't bother to contact the seller. But I did pick up a pair of walnut Fortes in excellent condition for $350 right before Christmas, so it is always worth looking. [:D]