**SOLD** Harman Kardon HK730 Twin Power Receiver

Appleskinner

This was my first piece of vintage gear and is still probably one of the nicest sounding amplifiers I have owned when mated to Klipsch...or any speaker for that matter. Receiver is in near mint condition except for a light scratch on the faceplate at the 8:00 of the volume knob. I have the original box and packaging, which is just like new. When I pulled this receiver out of retirement to make sure everything still worked, I did notice the "Stereo" light and tuning needle light were out. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the power button is also supposed to light up. This receiver has not been tinkered with at all and I preferred to keep it that way, so I will leave it to the potential next owner to decide if they want to crack it open and replace these bulbs.

I've literally spent thousands of dollars trying to find gear that can duplicate the sound of this receiver, including some of HK's first solid state separates. I personally feel this is one of the most impressive all-in-one units ever built.

I would like to get $225 + shipping. You will be hard pressed to find one in better condition, especially with the original box.

post-25126-13819827566262_thumb.jpg

Carl ~ The HK730 is rated at 40 watts per channel. I'm sure anyone who has owned one of these will agree that these HK Twin Power receivers will stomp all over anything rated at twice their wattage. These receivers are absolutely magical on Klipsch speakers and are often said to be the closest you can get to tube sound with a SS receiver.

I've collected a lot of gear over the years and have decided to part with some of my most coveted pieces. Being in the military and needing to move often, I've always looked for pristine examples in their original boxes and often spent the extra cash to acquire the finest examples available.

There are a handful of affordable vintage amplifiers that have thoroughly impressed me over the years. These HK X30s are near the top of that list. I'm not too excited about selling this receiver, but it has been boxed up for the past 1 1/2 years and I can't justify squirreling it away any longer.

Aw man, I just bought one of these on ebay, after not seeing any in the garage sell forum. I guess the lesson here is always ask, someone just may have a nice piece they are willing to let go. That said, these receivers live up to their stellar reputation. And, I agree...40 watts seems way conservative!

Good luck with the sale.

• 2 weeks later...