RF-7 vs RF-7 II vs Yamaha NS-1000M

theppd

Hello everyone! I'm trying to decide of what could best my Yummies I currently have. See, 3 years ago I've sold my beloved RF-52s and bought NS-1000Ms which was a sidestep from the horn based speakers. I really loved them but wanted to try something new you know this hobby...

But ever since then I was always comparing inside my head the current speakers to my previous Klipsches and I almost ready to pick them again. So right now I have a Klipsch buzz inside me that makes me want to buy the RF-7s since they should have more bass impact at minimum than Yumms, the soundstage should become more defined and so on. But the main thing is that here in my homeland I can by only the second gen of those new but maybe the first one is not that worse to the new one? Maybe they are almost the same in terms of sound? Then if they are almost the same, I can buy them for a 1500 used and delivered to russia where I currently live instead of throwing 5k.

BTW, I find the old look of RF-7 is better.

So, anybody had a comparison of these two? Maybe even these three?

Thank you guys!

Hello Theppd, welcome to the Klipsch Forum, we're glad you're here! [<:o)]

I don't have any experience with the two or three speakers you are asking about, but I'm sure someone will chime in soon. I just wanted to say welcome and I hope you are staying warm. I've heard News reports on how cold it is in parts of Russia right now.

Dennie

• 4 months later...

gosh. I cant be of much help but share a similar dilemma.

Here in my country , yamaha NS 1000 are very highly regarded. And today i got a friend telling me that he has an oppertunity to buy one for a reasonable price.450.

I told him that i want those speakers . And for that i could just sell my klipsch . The first generation RF3s .

On listening this he disagreed and bashed the idea saying the klipsch are in a superior league. Dont let em go for the yammies.

I ponder what to believe;) until i get a side by side comparison.

However seeing this title, id rather disagree that ns 1000 could be any match to the mighty RF7s. They could well be a match for the rf3 , 5s or the rf 82s.

Thats just my thinking.

Oh wow, thank you! It's been a long time...I've sold my NS-1000Ms and a subwoofer, and bought a new pair RF-7II. Now after several months I can guarantee, that these are beasts and gives so much more fun out of your audio that 10s and 1000s of NS-1000m would never able to. Period. RF-7II are pure American spirit speakers.BTW, I've compared them syde by syde with Cornwalls and picked RFs. They are more detailed and transparent for my tastes than latter.