Looking for palladiums.

MichaelandKlipsch

Nic, sorry to get off topic here but wanted to ask you about your Sony 7000ES mega (400 disc) bluray changer. I was at my local audio shop today and they have their demo unit for 798.00 I played around with it a bit and it seems very nice. Ebay shows between 1400.00 to 4000.00 on a "buy it now" yikes!

How do you like yours? Pros? Cons?

Thanks, Tasdom

Hi Tas, As usual, what is your opinion because its a winner in my book and I must admit I'm not an expert. However, my experience with the ES is that I always expect it to be very noticably outclassed by my Oppo 95 because all the really sharp guys I have over say the Oppo is very very good. They haven't said anything bad about the Sony its just that they always say something good about the Oppo. I am never disappointed when I hear the ES after listening to the Oppo. ES is slow when changing discs but I'm more than willing to put up with that to remain in my chair. That's the deal maker but it wouldn't be if the A/V wasn't so good. My opinion is based on my experence with it and the many reviews I read, The price you are paying for it is great because I paid a thousand for mine without the remote which cost me somewhere near fifty dollars direct from Sony. I waited a long time for the player to come down but I had considered buying it when is was up near two thousand. I'm so glad I did because its a real bargain now and I would grab it quick as I could for 798. I hope you are as happy with it as I am should you bite the bullet since money still doesn't grow on trees. Has a disc identIty and location system but I use a numbered list. Doesn't play SACDs and takes up a lot of room, Still really nice. Nic

Thanks Nic for the input. I'm also looking at the Oppo but like the idea of having all my disc in one player. It is a beast in size so I'm just getting some ideas. I found the official thread on AVS and opinions are about 50/50

Thanks again!

• 3 months later...

QHey boxx. I never nabbed a pair. I almost pulled the trigger on a nice set of P39s for 15k on ebay but they had damage done to one of the drivers and some small cosmetic damage on the rear of one. When it comes to speakers I prefer to buy them new and at that price point I wouldnt want a used pair that had cosmetic damage etc. I would still love a set for 2 ch listening downstairs but the wife wont let me spend that much money after just getting the THX system. I went wit the THX system as im more of a Movie sound type of person though im sure the Palladiums would blow most anything I have heard out of the water. Maybe in the future I can get a pair of twoers for 2 ch listening with a nice amp but for now im palladiumless. Ive never audition any though would be a neat experience would love to hear yours paired with those Mcinstosh amps. I have a bigger dileema on my hands as of right now though. We picked up the new car last week a Porsche Cayenne and it has a 12 speaker stereo system in it. Now im not a car audiophile but they are all Bose!!!!! That my friend is a no go but I doubt she will let me touch them. It was a battle enough to convince her for 2 Tower speakers in the main living room. Looking at RF-7iis or maybe some Pendragons.

• 4 weeks later...

M, Pls send me a PM with what you're willing to pay for 37s in very good condition. Pls no games, just a number and whatever else you feel is appropriate. I know you will have questions and want pictures but for the time being they are good condtion espressos. Thank you. Nic aka Shake

PS I'm considering the sale because I have a new obsession and plan to buy 39s at some point...I have no real need to sell them.