How much should a nice pair of cornwalls cost? - FOUND SOME!!

leerocker

• Moderators

I would consider myself lucky if I were to find a pair for less than $800. Deals for less than that havent been lasting too long.

Correct...deals like that last many times less than one hour. A good Craigslist app or list alert (I use both) will help.

Youth, could you elaborate on the app and alert, can you set the alert for your area only, how does that work. Does the name Robert Marve ring a bell ? football player from Tampa Plant that went to U of Miami, thats where I played ball and met him a few times, i"m alot older though...Roost

• Moderators

I bought cPro Craigslist app for iPhone. My android phone I used Craigsnotifica . You search for a keyword "klipsch" and select what locations to search for (I search the 4 closest areas) and my phone notifies me when a new post is listed.

Same thing for list-alert.com exept it sends an email

5 bills should buy you operational Cornwalls, that's always been a pretty accepted price. Goes up from there based on condition, veneer, hot-rodding etc. Distance plays a big role as the loudspeakers get past 'car sized' as transport becomes a considerable cost. You might be willing to pay up to a couple hundred bucks more if they're in your back yard vs a 3-state trip. Depends on what your time is worth as well, I've been known to take crazy trips to pick up a pair of speakers. Flew to FL and rented a van to get my 1963 cornwalls.

years back i had no issues with travelling for a good score but with two small kids and a pregnant wife i am much less mobile these days. thanks for the info and i will continue to check for a good deal in my region. And just maybe someone on the forum will see this someday who has what im looking for :)

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up a pair of 1984 cornwalls w/ cane grills only an hour away! Cabinets are in perfect condition. Grills could use recovering to be perfect (and straightening out - corners are bowing) but are in fine shape - no tears or anything like that.

Price: $350

Thanks for all of the replies. I'm a happy camper. Once I re-read the many posts explaining how to post pictures I'll give it a shot.