Gym headphones

Scrappydue

Ok guys I've had a lot of headphones over the years in the gym. Ready to try some klipsch ones now. Not picky about buds or over the ears. Looking to spend around 100$. I see the x10's for 104 on amazon as well as the refrence one's on sonic electroix for 99$. But I keep reading a lot of trouble with cords breaking or snapping off ear pieces. Would I be better off steering clear for klipsch headphones and going with something a little more durable? I was also looking at the audio technica ath-m50. Any input on the two klipsch models holding up in the gym is what I'm looking for.

Only you can make the decision as to is it worth it.

I have a pair of Custom 3's and they are famous for the kinking cable. Mine are kinked.

I don't recall when I bought mine but, it was prior to 2008.

I use them for varioius activities (driving the tractor cutting fields, working with my backhoe, working inside the house with saw/hammer....ALL the while, having some stout OVER-ear protection muffs on which actually, creates a very very nice/quiet environment)

Anyways, I've snagged the cord on things however, I'm usually very careful to run the cord inside my shirt so it's not dangling...

Took off for a 3-week vacation to England/Europe/Turkey in 2008 and took them with me there...

Today, they are STILL working just fine however, the cord has some kinds/bends in it.

I liked their sound so much, I bought a second pair (about $250 as I recall??) so that "WHEN" these gave up the ghost, I'd have an immediate backup for them. The backup pair is still sitting in their unopened box and my first pair, though knocked up a bit, are still going strong.

Perhaps I'm more retentive than others and been a little lucky. Mine however, have been in plenty of places where they could have given up the ghost and thus far, have manged to live through everything I can throw at them.

I would put what I've had mine go through up against the gym any day. This of course, isn't to say that someone else might have a pair blow up on them within 10 minutes of walking into the gym.

Over the ear 'phones in the gym? Not sure I would try that, but whatever works. You should try the Klipsch S4 with Comply tips. For me, the stock tips are terrible and not only do they not stay in most of the time but also do not isolate well. The Comply tip are less than $20 for three pairs and they work great. I have used a pair of S4 for several years, At the gym, working in the yard, etc. I have bordered on abusing them and I have not had one issue with them. And for the price they are a real bargain and they blow away some "name" in ears that cost as much as double the price. Break them in for at least 50 hours and I would be surprised if you didn't really like them.

Ok guys I've had a lot of headphones over the years in the gym. Ready to try some klipsch ones now. Not picky about buds or over the ears. Looking to spend around 100$. I see the x10's for 104 on amazon as well as the refrence one's on sonic electroix for 99$. But I keep reading a lot of trouble with cords breaking or snapping off ear pieces. Would I be better off steering clear for klipsch headphones and going with something a little more durable? I was also looking at the audio technica ath-m50. Any input on the two klipsch models holding up in the gym is what I'm looking for.

If you are looking for gym headphones, you definitely need to consider the new A5i Sport: http://www.klipsch.com/image-a5i-sport-headphones

Sorry Alex wish I could but have tried probably 20 pairs of those headphones that wrap around the ear and just cannot do them. They just seem to always make my ears hurt after around ten minutes or so.

\

Gotcha. The S4i Ruggeds work well too. No around the ear design but they are moisture resistant and durable.

• 2 weeks later...