single belle in eau claire wi

crustywon

He said it was a pair of Belles in walnut finish with AA crossovers and the cabinets were in good condition. He said the price was $400, I said that was still a good deal. I was half way there (long drive) before he finally sent me the photo. They are La Scala, not Belles, but I decided I would still take a look, since I was already on the road. The cabinets were rougher condition than indicated, it was a high school kid. They were also already outside and he didn't have a way to test them. I told him they weren't as posted and that I thought I would pass. He said he needed them gone, so he would take $75 for them. I brought them home and still need to test them out.

I tried out the other speaker, he had taken the crossover out and removed the wiring to the woofer. I wired it back up and it sounds good too. He unbolted the tweeters (K-77), so I need to find 4 bolts to remount it to the horn. Anyone know the screw length/thread, so I don't have to pull one from the other speaker?

He was also wrong on the age. According to the consecutive serial numbers, they were made in 1980.

They sound great for $75.

Nice buy. Matbe we can trade the Forte II's I picked up last week for those LaScalas? Straight up of course, I'll eat the difference.

Generous offer, but I think I will stick with what I have, I already have 3 pairs of Forte (one for sale). Now, I have 3 pairs of La Scala (LS, LS industrial, LS industrial splits) at the moment, much more than I need. Maybe, I will make a project out of this pair, the condition isn't bad (superficial damage).

I just need the quartets, belles, and an academy to round out the Klipsch vintage collection (shorthorn, heresy, Forte, Chorus, Cornwall, La Scala, and Klipschorns).