Image S4 II plug problem

nekketsu

I have a problem with the plug of my Image S4 II headphones (product #1014811). When I fully connect the headphones the audio is really messed up. I can't hear voices and the bass is weird. If I pull the plug out a bit so it's loosely resting in the jack then everything sounds great. I don't see anything wrong with the plug but based on this I assume it's somehow defective. I've tried it in my computer, mp3 player, and smartphone and all have the same problem. Also tested with an extension cable which also has messed up sound if fully plugged in, but if I don't plug it in all the way to the extension it works and if I plug it in all the way to the extension cable and slightly loosen the extension cable from the source then it also sounds fine. Are these completely defective and I need to get a replacement or is there some way to fix this? I'd prefer to fix them myself as I'd like to have them for an upcoming trip.

It looks like "johnnydrama" had the same issue but only when he used an extension cable and it was on older headphones http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/155977/1649731.aspx#1649731

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I'm just hoping to get some help. If pictures will help I can post some. Thanks.

Hmm, at first, I was going to say that it sounds like your headphone jack is defective but since it is occuring in all of your device, then you likely received a faulty product. Very sorry about that. Where did you buy them from? An authorized dealer? If so, you will most likely be eligible for a replacement. There really are not any instructions we could give you to fix them. If you are in the U.S., we do send out replacements very quickly. Please call 800-KLIPSCH or email support@klipsch.com

• 1 year later...

I trusted the brand.
My Klipsch headset worked for only one week.
The audio is all distorted
And as the guarantee has no coverage in Brazil. I get a loss of $ 60.
My experience could not have been worse.
Greetings from Brazil

Klipsch IMAGE S4 II HEADPHONE - BLACK

B&H# KLIS42HPB : Mfr# 1014811

Qty:1

Price:$58,90

Item Total:$58,90

Edited by Iso Pixel