CORNSCALLA VS CORNWALL

mctrigger

hi, first time guy.

have a chance to purchase as set of cornwalls for around 750 if he hasnt sold them aleady and a set of custom super nice cornscallas for around 1200 or 1300.

not sure how much better sounding the cornscallas would be vs a nice orig set of cornwalls. should i stick with the originals for resale down the line or just get what sounds the best. i guess i'll i'll prob have them for 30 years.

thank you

*Listen to both and then make your decision. But I'll bet dollars to doughnuts, you pick the Cornscalas!*

I have to agree, I picked up a pair of Cornscala's 8 months ago and feel it was the best money I ever spent...... Remember if you can, use a tube amp, it seems to work best with the Cornscala's!

mctrigger,

welcome to the forum. hope you will post about what speakers you get, your thoughts on the sound and pics, too!

If resale is a consideration, you should be able to recover your investment from Cornwalls. Vintage CWs will need to have fresh caps in the crossovers. That's not an expensive proposition, though.

hey steve, purchased the cornscallas over the weekend and you were right. they sound remarkable. the guy had a restored/updated 35 watt dynaco amp. he just kept cranking it up and up and up with no noticble distortion. i have a old fisher x101c or a fisher x202b iam going to try with it once it can get them out of the truck. they weigh 150 lbs each. thanks pete

hey steve, purchased the cornscallas over the weekend and you were right. they sound remarkable. the guy had a restored/updated 35 watt dynaco amp. he just kept cranking it up and up and up with no noticble distortion. i have a old fisher x101c or a fisher x202b iam going to try with it once it can get them out of the truck. they weigh 150 lbs each. thanks pete

What sort of type of cornscalla did you buy?

I've heard the Crites Cornscalla type "D", and have oiled oak '83 Cornwalls. I'll take the Cornscala type "D" two-way...they are rather nice soundingThat being said, I still like my rough ol' Cornwalls.