Will the RC-64 match with the RB-41?

lancethibault

I have the room for an RC 64 and I read somewhere that 70+% of your sound in a HT comes from the ctr channel speaker, so I want the best ctr channel speaker I can.

The problem is that I don't have room on my right side (wall space occupied by door and windows) for surrounds bigger then the RS 42. So I thought if I had to have the RS 42, then I should probably use a pair of RB 41s for the front L/R speakers.

Will this be OK or would I be better off matching my front L/R with my font Ctr and get a pair of the RB 61 speakers?

Maybe an easier way to ask the question is;

I will have a RC 64 and a pair of RS 42 speakers. What front L/R speakers should I buy?

Thanks.

I would love to see and rc-64 flanked by RB-41's lol. But I would agree probably waaaay overkill. Maybe you could sell the rc-64 for a good price and fund a brand new pair of RB-61ii's and an rc-62ii. It will be plenty of center channel. Only reason you would ever need the rc-64 would be for a huge room and or if you had the matching mains.

I have the room for an RC 64 and I read somewhere that 70+% of your sound in a HT comes from the ctr channel speaker, so I want the best ctr channel speaker I can.

The problem is that I don't have room on my right side (wall space occupied by door and windows) for surrounds bigger then the RS 42. So I thought if I had to have the RS 42, then I should probably use a pair of RB 41s for the front L/R speakers.

Will this be OK or would I be better off matching my front L/R with my font Ctr and get a pair of the RB 61 speakers?

Lance,

If I were you and you are dead set on the RC-64(4--6.5 inch woofers), please don't flank it with a pair of RB-41's(4 inch woofers).[N] They are too small and will easily be washed out by the 64. The RS-42's(2--4 inch woofers) as surrounds will be more than enough to match up with your RC-64 as long as you volume level set them properly. I would go no less than a pair of RB-81's as fronts but would focus on finding RF-63's or RF-83's which are the Klipsch suggested towers to match the RC-64. Some on this forum use RF-82's with the RC-64 with very good results as well.

Before I bought a pair of RS-35's(6.5 inch woofers), I used a pair of RSX-4's(4 inch woofer) for over 2 years with my RF-63/RC-64 combo and they held their own pretty good.

Bill

OK, that's a pretty unanimous "no".

So either larger front L/R speakers or a smaller center channel. Smaller ctr channel certainly makes the purchase cheaper.

My room is not ideal for surround sound at all. I know this, but I'll describe it and try to add some pics after I post this.

The TV is in the corner of the room. The wall on the right side of the tv is windows with my 2 channel set up in front of them (also less then an ideal location for that set up). For my surround sound set up the right front speaker is going to have to sit on top of my RF-7 (I can't use the RF 7's as my front L/R speakers. I have no room on the left side of the TV for an RF-7 due to a fireplace.), but it will be angled toward the TV viewers. The living room measures 15.5 ft wide x 16.5 deep. It is wide open to the kitchen that adds another 19 ft of depth. It it partially open to the dining room/front room that measures 14x20 with 16ft cielings. The TV is viewed from about 14 ft.

I know I can only fit the RS-42's. From the sound of the posts, I should try to match the front speakers to the ctr speaker and call it day. Will and RC-42 and RB-41s work for my room or should I go larger 50 or 60 series?