RF-7ii vs RF-82ii

ccvalentino

Hello,

It's that time of year when I get to contemplate some good upgrades. I currently have RF-52ii's that I've been happy with so far. Id like to upgrade to larger fronts to widen my sweet spot and "move forward" my sound stage for lack of better words. My listening position is roughly 12' away from the sweet spot.

Here are my particulars.

Room Size: approx 14 x 16 with an 18' ceiling. The size of the room nor ceiling height has not caused me any issues to date.

Center: RC-62ii (just got a great deal on an open box, really like this speaker)

Surrounds: no name in walls from best buy

Sub: Polk 10" (don't recall the model number)

2 x Emotiva UPA-1 Monoblocks for R and L

Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp for 2-Channel Listening

Marantz SR6003 Surround Receiver for processing and amp for Center, surrounds, and 2nd zone

I've not seen much comparing the RF-82 to the RF-7s other than size and a few minor differences in the specs, I don't see much difference between the two. Does anyone have any first hand experience with either speaker?

Thanks,

Chris

I originally owned the RF-82II’s and made the jump over to the RF-7II’s. The difference was very noticeable to me. Gave me a boast in dynamics along with a little more thump in the mids, for lack of better words.

Now, if you have the RC-62II, you might want to go with the RF-82II’s because the 62 is designed to go with it. The RC-64II is a better match for the 7’s and could find that the 62 could “get lost” between the RF-7’s…

I am actually getting ready to jump into something else again....but either way you go, you will have a great system..

The RC-64II is a better match for the 7s and could find that the 62 could get lost between the RF-7s

+1 if you love that center save your self a few bucks and get the rf-82's. they are great speakers. but if you are an upgrader then get the biggest you can buy and do the bigger center later. i also would look into a new sub with that big of a rom. you got great amps and preamps but that is a big room. something like a hsu vtf-15h or an svs pb-12 plus or something like that

Hello,

It's that time of year when I get to contemplate some good upgrades. I currently have RF-52ii's that I've been happy with so far. Id like to upgrade to larger fronts to widen my sweet spot and "move forward" my sound stage for lack of better words. My listening position is roughly 12' away from the sweet spot.

Here are my particulars.

Room Size: approx 14 x 16 with an 18' ceiling. The size of the room nor ceiling height has not caused me any issues to date.

Center: RC-62ii (just got a great deal on an open box, really like this speaker)
Surrounds: no name in walls from best buy
Sub: Polk 10" (don't recall the model number)
2 x Emotiva UPA-1 Monoblocks for R and L
Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp for 2-Channel Listening
Marantz SR6003 Surround Receiver for processing and amp for Center, surrounds, and 2nd zone

I've not seen much comparing the RF-82 to the RF-7s other than size and a few minor differences in the specs, I don't see much difference between the two. Does anyone have any first hand experience with either speaker?

Thanks,
Chris

stop messing around and move the 52's to the rear and get the 7's and don't look back. if you get the 82's, a year from now your gonna say the same thing. time to upgrade. right now your blu-ray player ( Oppo ) cost more than your front L&R speakers. not a good sign. stop shopping at BB and call Acoustic Sound Design and get a quote on some real cherry veneer 7's or black if you wanta go that route. all the other ones come in woodgrain vinyl.