RSW-10 in the house

Shodrewken

Well got home a couple hours ago, plugged her in...... wow this little sub sounds awesome! The bass response is very quick, and super tight. I can only imagine how the RSW-15 sounds! This little guy definitely doesn't go as low as my VTF-3, but for music it does an amazing job. The guy received it as a gift from his brother a couple years ago, but he just got a newer Velodyne I think it was a 12" woofer, not sure which model, but he had to get rid of this one, said his wife wasn't happy with all the electronics in the house. Anyway its in great shape, after a close inspection there is some very light scratches on the top, really difficult to see without good lighting. And the left corner is a little bit rubbed but as you can see from the pictures its not very noticeable. I love this sub it compliments my Chorus II's very well. I dunno what it is, but there is just something about the RSW sub line that is very impressive to me, I love how musical they sound, and I'm not gonna lie, if a RSW-15 pops up I just might have to pick one up. For your viewing pleasure.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Moderators

i think they were designed to be floor mountedBig Smile

Wow, that was too funny. [:D]

Glad you are pleased with the RSW-10. I too agree they are fantastic subs. Klipsch seems to get dogged for their subs but I enjoy mine so much, I'll likely sell my Velodyne HGS15.

Very nice score.

wow this little sub sounds awesome! The bass response is very quick, and super tight.

I have been telling folks about the RSW-10d for quite some time. I know yours is an RSW-10 but the pedegree is the same. In the last 2 years, I have purchsed two Paradigm Servo 15a's, a Sunfire True Subwoofer Signature, and a Revel B15. All are fantastic subs, but none of them could dethrone the RSW when it comes to tightness, speed, and musicality except for the Revel B15. Needless to say I kept the RSW-10d and the Revel B15.

Bill

• Moderators

Here are a few differences I can see:

RSW-10d adds "Digital" presets (For quick and easy adjustment of all functions, the RSW-10d features the
DCS digital user-interface that includes three equalization modes
(flat, depth and punch) and three user-adjustable presets (music, movie
and night) to create specific listening preferences.)

Slightly larger amp (500 RMS vs 385 RMS)

Cerametalic drivers with no dustcap instead of having black dust caps

...and my wife thinks I have an electronics addiction! I'm going to compile a list of your threads about purchasing items and the next time I want to buy something I'll say "well, it could be worse!" Wink

This is true, hopefully you can more easily get that Oppo you were looking at [:D]