Klipcsh Epic Series CF 4's

Sean33

Im tossing around the idea of maybe selling my CF 4's as they take up a lot of room. Im just wondering what value they might have. They are in Good Condition, but 1 Speaker has a slight water stain on the top from my Wifes, ARGGH, Plants. Im in central BC Canada. Any Thoughts?? Thanks

Measure the depth of the ports. If they are around 6" deep, you have version 1's or possibly version 2's which are more desireable. If the ports are around 2.5" deep, they are version 3's which are less desireable, to "Klipshphiles" anyway. Local pick-up would likely be your only option which would make it a tough sale. Great speakers, good luck with your decision.

Well you know that they can make a lot of bass so first off would be to brace and stiffen the cabinets internally. Second would be to re damp the inside of the cabinets Third would be to brace and damp the horns. The Horn also benefits from internal foam damping and the addition of a diffraction device in the form of a small 40mm diametre ball. Now we get to the crossover where at the minimum the capacitors should be replaced with new quality ones, inductors can also be experimented with along with resistors. Lastly the woofers can be damped both acoustically and mechanically, I use S.A.E. rated acoustical F-11 felt and dynamat. That pretty much covers most of the major items. These modifications will transform your CF4 but they will still require either a good hefty stereo amp which can supply at least a solid 150 watts per channel aor two smaller stereo amp with which to bi amp with and the latter would be the prefered way to go. In spite of the rather high efficiency rating CF3&4 both need some solid amplification to make it happen, smaller amps just won't get the job done and leave many thinking the speaker is not what they hoped it would be. They are hungry for some power. A pair of solid 50 - 100 watt stereo amps will make a great choice for bi amping vertically if you choose to go with a single stereo amp to run both speakers it should be in the 150 - 250 watts per channel range but bi amping is a much better way to go on all fronts. Hope this helps and is of some interest. Best regards Moray James.

• Moderators

Measure the depth of the ports. If they are around 6" deep, you have version 1's or possibly version 2's which are more desireable. If the ports are around 2.5" deep, they are version 3's which are less desireable, to "Klipshphiles" anyway.

I thought I read Version 1 have 6" and version 2 & 3 have 2.5" ports. Is that correct?

Sorry rad500, still trying to navigate around in here. I must have balled it up. Yes, Im in PG. these are the epic series with the 2.5" port. They dont have much use as they were in storage for 6 yrs, and ive only used them lightly for my surround system with a wife with sensitive ears.LOL.

Welcome to the Klipsch forum i didn't notice you were new here. I am sure that the cf4's sound and look great but i am going to pass on these. You should listen to them again who knows maybe your wifes hearing has changed and you'll get to keep them. Here is a link on how to post pictures. http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/146759.aspx

Thanks, Ben.