The History of the Jubilee

bracurrie

I have a second pair of K402s that I will be putting into service soon and after a discussion with Bob Crites I am probably going to use the Faital pro HF200s. This will be in a month or so and I'll report about it.

By the way I hope no one is now thinking that I have commited a mortal sin by criticizing the K402. I have been long satisfied with the HF response I have and my measurements show it to be very good as well. What I was talking about was more of an aural perception at the high end. I could jack it up with a small amount of EQ to achieve more drive..........or add a pair of 510s and turn my MCM3 into an MCM4......and run it easier. That's all I'm saying.

Exponential horns drill a hole in your head with their beaming.........and the 402 spreads it all out with a nice even smoothness. It's just different. Plus, I'm sure I don't hear the HFs nearly as well as when I was 20.

this is no longer a 'history' thread.

Well in a way is it not new or additional history being added?[^o)]

Once again and before the all knowing engineering crew here rebuttles my statements the commercial resale Jubilee (Cinema Sales Group) was nothing more than the original bass bin that accompanied PWK's wood 403 mounted Jub. Here again is where my opinion lies that unless a full on two way passive Jubilee in PWK's original configuration was never released as a two way home speaker all other configurations/abberations are DIY's of what someone else has completed in what they consider a Jubilee whether it be 2/3/4 way active or passive[;)]

I don't portend I know the first thing about speaker design nor the intricacies of loud speaker engineering but in all due respect for PWK I once again say and feel the only real Jubilee is the one PWK was photographed with, all others since have been someone else's incarnation of this speaker built upon the Jubile bass bin. Sorry, Dean, tried to make this response more factual to my OPINION[A]

I also take nothing away from Roy as a direct connection to the Jubilee with PWK as well, I'm sure if it were not for Roy and persistence of many a fine forum member here we may have never been offered the Jub bass bin[<:o)]

OK, smokim' if you gotim'

this is no longer a 'history' thread.

Well in a way is it not new or additional history being added?Hmm

It's like a lot of good conversations, you never know where they may end up. But you keep talking as long as it is interesting.

I once again say and feel the only real Jubilee is the one PWK was photographed with,

With all due respect, why does that matter? We have been given a gift. Because there is no clear standard we can make of Jubilee what we will, with what ever skill we have[:$] and with what ever input we can get from those that have had previous experiance with Jubilee bass bins. (Why do we call them bins?[*-)]) IMO the Jubilee is the bass unit, because that is where the majic is.[Y]

I also think the Jubilee isn't for everyone or every room. I will enjoy my imperfect Jub clones until one day I move on. BTW I am listening to my AR-6 speakers that I just restored and am enjoying the difference.[H]

Kaiser..........were you referring to the bass bin designed and built by Roy.........or some other? I understand the wood horn in the PWK photograph.makes the "PWK Jub" IYHO..........but what Jub bass bin did PWK design? Any?

As Dean mentioned, Roy designed and built it.........PWK came to see it when it was finished. He was in his 90s.

I agree, the Jub is a gift to those who want to enjoy it. Whatever Jub that may be.

"All of the measurements, charts/graphs and Engineering Studies are of little consequence."

How in the hell did you become an Authorized Klipsch Dealer?

"...all other configurations/abberations are DIY's of what someone else has completed in what they consider a Jubilee whether it be 2/3/4 way active or passive."

Aberration? Is this your assessment of what a two-way Jubilee design engineered by Klipsch is called? And did you really just refer to the folks at Klipsch as DIY'ers?

"Because there is no clear standard we can make of Jubilee what we will, with what ever skill we have and with what ever input we can get from those that have had previous experiance with Jubilee bass bins."

Good grief, are we back to this again? Quit saying that there is no clear standard, it just makes you look obtuse.

"Because there is no clear standard we can make of Jubilee what we will, with what ever skill we have and with what ever input we can get from those that have had previous experiance with Jubilee bass bins."

Good grief, are we back to this again? Quit saying that there is no clear standard, it just makes you look obtuse.

What I should have said is there is no plug and play factory manufactured two-way Jubilee consumer standard complete with crossovers. Besides the only factory speaker is a three way designed for very large rooms. And I bet all of those require the touch of a trained engineer to get right.

Maybe its time to close this bad boy if its upsetting people.

What say ye all?

What I should have said is there is no plug and play factory manufactured two-way Jubilee consumer standard complete with crossovers.

Wrong...! Roy gave us several plug and play active options and passive design options if someone wants to build or have them built.

I do agree after coming in from work and reading many of todays post that I believe I'll put my efforts and use my time somwhere else besides in this thread.

miketn

• Moderators

IMO the Jubilee is the bass unit, because that is where the majic is.Yes

It's just the opposite imo.

It's why the 402 horn is used on a few other other bass bins, MWM, LaScala, KPT 445, KPT535, 745, 942, MCM-2 and MCM 4-T. Out of those only one uses the Jube bass bin, and it's the Jube.

Out of at least 15 people who bought Jubes new from klipsch, they were all jube bass bin and K402/K69 horn, I think one person did not get the K69 driver, they wanted to use others, sounds pretty standard really.

I would say active crossovers with settings to match Dx-38 or crown XTI is as much plug-and-play as anything, just an active crossover you supply. People use active crossovers in other models, no big deal, IF I CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN, really. [Y] I plugged it in with supplied settings and never looked back.

Two thumbs up on the rewording. Thanks. Yes, I get that, and can see why it's annoying to people who are used to walking into a retailer, leaving with their speakers, taking them home, and having at it in no time. Consider though that by going through the commercial side, you aren't dealing with the 300% markup of the consumer side, For example: the Klipsch P-39F Palladiums retail for $20,000 a pair. What do you think a pair of Jubilees might run if built and sold through those channels? The Jubilees run about half as much and Klipsch drop ships them to your front door. There is a lot of help provided to new owners, both from Roy directly and other Jubilee owners. There are no less than four Klipsch fully engineered solutions for the top end -- and they all sound great.

I'm not mad, I'm irritated. Amy doesn't let me get mad anymore. It's ugly.

What I should have said is there is no plug and play factory manufactured two-way Jubilee consumer standard complete with crossovers.

Wrong...! Roy gave us several plug and play active options and passive design options if someone wants to build or have them built.

I do agree after coming in from work and reading many of todays post that I believe I'll put my efforts and use my time somwhere else besides in this thread.

miketn

If you leave me out here to deal with this mess by myself then I'm going to get REALLY irritated. :)

I think we need to understand that to the average user, these are not considered "plug and play" solutions. They want a pretty set of speakers that they can dump out of their boxes and hook up to their amps. The question is, who's going to pay $30,000+ for them? I guess the goal here is to have really expensive Jubilees that no one can afford, just so everyone can talk about how much more wonderful they are fully veneered with some crossovers shoved down into the foam.

• Thanks 1