Reference Surround Selection

streyle

Currently Have an RF-7 II System where I'm using RB-51 as my rear speakers. Thinking of upgrading to 7.1 system. What does everyone think of RS-42 vs. RS-52? In a 7.1 setup, sould I use the RB-51 as the side and whichever RS I choose as the rear?

You would

Most likely enjoy the rs-series on the side and your direct radiating speakers in the rear. That is how most run it. The matching ones for the rf-7ii set would be the rs-62ii. Not sure how big your room is but I wouldn't do the rs-42ii's just because you have the biggest front setup. As for the 52ii's they will probably be just fine and fulfill your needs. However if you ever get that what If feeling, the rs-62ii are the answer to that. Youth man has wrote a great review between his rs-52's and the rs-62's he upgraded to and he is extremely happy he did. So I would go with the rs-62's. you'll be happier in the end.

• Moderators

Scrappy is right on. I would not recommend the RS-42's for your setup. I used the RS-52's for awhile with my RF-83 setup and they worked great. The RS-62's were definitely an upgrade to the RS-52's, just not night and day. If you go with the RS-62's, you'll never have the upgrade bug for your surrounds. W.C. with Panacea is a great guy to work with.

Michael