Refinishing Cornwalls

Bellco

Hi guys,

I found a pair of Cornwall Is that will likely need to be refinished (possibly new veneer) and do not have the grills. Assuming all of the moving parts are in working order, what do you think is a fair price for these? Is $350 too much. I've been looking for a project pair for a while, these might be perfect. I just don't want to pay too much for them. '

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the input. The seller will be getting back to me with "test results" (push the woofer to see if there is a scratching sound, etc.). I don't want to deal with replacing woofers, that gets expensive in a hurry.

Is there anything else I should look for (common problems) when I go to look at them?

You will be advised by almost everyone to have the crossovers refreshed if they havent been done already by their owner. I see this as an upgrade and not a necessity as long as none of the caps arent leaking. My speakers sound great with their original crossovers and they just turned 30yrs old. FYI if you needed to replace a woofer they are easy to come by here and there is always a forum member ready to help out those in need of parts at a reasonable price. Lots of people upgrade their speakers here so fully functional OEM parts are pretty plentiful. Pesonally I would spend $350 for the speakers you mentioned even with blown drivers but if that does wind up being the case with yours maybe you could get $50-$100 knocked off of the price.