Picked Up Some Cornwalls For My Birthday (Pic's added)

tommy499

I picked up a pair of decent looking Cornwalls CRB, circa 1983, local 2 weeks ago. They were not in bad shape but the stain job looked bad. I followed the thread:

Cornwall Saga- Rescuing Orphans and picked up some great tips on refinishing these. I did not veneer them because the wood was in pretty good shape. I did sand them out and followed the steps laid out by Groomlakearea51 and others. I stained them to a darker color than they were originally done to match the room. (speaking of which.....I can't believe my wife went for these in the living room)

I am putting the speakers back together tomorrow. I upgraded the crossovers and tweeter diaphrams to Bob Crites. I am very excited to see how they sound. I have had RF-7's for about 7 years. (They are now for sale by the way..........black, good condition, Western NY PU only $750.00) I was never able to get the vintage sound I was looking for out of those speakers.

I will be driving them with a Primaluna DiaLogue II integrated tube amp, Jolida 100A CD player, and a Thorens TD145MKII turntable. Have lots of tubes to roll and I and looking forward to a long happy relaltionship with these speaker. Can't wait to hear the bass thumping!

I will post pics later. I picked up a lot of usful info on the site.

Thanks, Tom

post-15448-1381982811716_thumb.jpg

I picked up a pair of decent looking Cornwalls CRB, circa 1983, local 2 weeks ago. They were not in bad shape but the stain job looked bad. I followed the thread:

Cornwall Saga- Rescuing Orphans and picked up some great tips on refinishing these. I did not veneer them because the wood was in pretty good shape. I did sand them out and followed the steps laid out by Groomlakearea51 and others. I stained them to a darker color than they were originally done to match the room. (speaking of which.....I can't believe my wife went for these in the living room)

I am putting the speakers back together tomorrow. I upgraded the crossovers and tweeter diaphrams to Bob Crites. I am very excited to see how they sound. I have had RF-7's for about 7 years. (They are now for sale by the way..........black, good condition, Western NY PU only $750.00) I was never able to get the vintage sound I was looking for out of those speakers.

I will be driving them with a Primaluna DiaLogue II integrated tube amp, Jolida 100A CD player, and a Thorens TD145MKII turntable. Have lots of tubes to roll and I and looking forward to a long happy relaltionship with these speaker. Can't wait to hear the bass thumping!

I will post pics later. I picked up a lot of usful info on the site.

Thanks, Tom

Looks great Tom!!!! [<:o)]

Dennie