First NEW Klipsch speakers!

DizRotus

Over the years, I've owned, enjoyed, and passed on to others, a lot of used Heritage, from Heresy to Khorns and everything in between, but the ProMedia 2.1 speakers I received for Christmas are the first NEW Klipsch product I've ever owned. I love them. They sound great. They make toiling at the computer less of a drudgery.

They're the fist Klipsch speakers I've owned that were built this century. I never paid attention to posts about ProMedia, headphones, Reference, etc. I've never heard Forte or Chorus. If It wasn't made of plywood in Hope and with a tweeter from 600 Cecil St., Buchanan, MI, I wasn't interested.

If these "computer" speakers sound this good, I've been missing a lot.

My son is enjoying the S4 phones I gave him for Christmas. The point of this ramble is that, were it not for this forum and the support Klipsch provides those who enjoy vintage Klipsch, I would probably not have been drawn to the new offerings.

This forum and its members are a valuable asset to the company that still produces (albeit without a Michigan made tweeter) a speaker first sold the year I was born. Keep up the good work.

... from Heresy to Khorns and everything in between, but the ProMedia 2.1 I received for Christmas are the first NEW Klipsch product I've ever owned. I love them. They sound great.

I, too, think they're great. I often take classical DVDs to the computer, and miss very little as I peck away at it while enjoying them very much. A total bargain at $150.

You stole PWK's coffee cup! [6]

I run a Promedia 2.1 at the office, love it. I run an Promedia Ultra 5.1 at home, love it more (now that I have upgraded the internals to cool it down). I have had many other computer sound systems over the years, and the Klipsch beats them all easily.

Neil: Buying the ProMedia 5.1 Ultras for our home office ten years ago is what first got my attention relative to Klipsch. I was so amazed by the performance of these tiny giants that I knew there had to be more to the company. I joined the forum almost immediately. I too have been to 600 Cecil St., Buchanan, MI, and also miss the original Electro-Voice Corporation and its wares. I even met their vice president while I was there and he bought me lunch and gave me a complete tour. Their's was the first anechoic chamber I'd ever set foot in. Klipsch's at Indy and Hope are larger. Congrats Neil, enjoy! -Glenn

Cool Glenn.

I'd enjoy hearing more about your trip to EV. Perhaps we should invite ourselves to Brett's in Royal Oak to sample the results of your collective efforts to tame his HT.I'd be delinquent to fail to mention that your excellent Klipsch based HT was the first time I heard Klipsch speakers made this century. You set the bar, then and now, for HT, in my experience. While I wasn't surprised that your large and expensive Klipsch speakers sound great, I was surprised at how good the $150 ProMedia 2.1 speakers sound.

The only thing I'd change is the volume of the subwoofer. I keep it at the lowest setting, which produces excellent sound. Any increase in the gain to the subwoofer makes the sound boomy and exaggerated. It would be nice to be able to dial down below the desired level and then adjust up to taste. Now I turn it all the way down and leave it there.

Glenn, it's interesting that we came to Klipsch and this forum from different directions. I'm glad we did. Without the forum, I'd never have met you and many other great forum members.

Neil: Thanks for all of your good words. I'm quite flattered. The feeling is mutual; you are a good friend, Neil. Perhaps time will open up for Brett and he'll throw an invite our way sometime soon. Being a licensed electrician and a daddy, he's a very busy fellow.

Regarding your boominess issue with your ProMedia sub, I'd like to suggest that maybe your could try placing it at different locations about the room until that boominess is tamed. That usually works. In it's current position (which I am unaware where it is placed) from your discription, it sounds as if it's setting up some standing wave issues. Try placing it along the mid-point of a wall rather than a corner. Best of luck. -Glenn

• 2 months later...

Glenn-

Your suggestions regarding room placement are valid, but impractical. Right now the woofer is under my desk tight in the left corner of the footwell. The port is facing forward (toward me) and the grill is facing to the right, without obstructions. I suspect the "room/corner gain" is exaggerated by its placement, but, there's really no other place to put it.

On another note, let's try to meet at Brett's in Royal Oak soon. I'm available most evenings or weekends (later Saturday or Sunday).

Tonight won't work. Some local team is playing in some game on TV.