WTS 2 RW-12d's WTB 2 RT-12d's

alanjreid257

• Moderators

Nothing wrong with that. 12's are great all around speakers. I have only heard the RT-10d a long time ago in a small room and it was quite impressive.

Just curious, you mention six 12" woofers on this setup. Are you wanting to use (3) RT-12's?

He is correct in that there are three in each cabinet. However, I don't know that I'd classify passive radiators as actual active woofers. I'd agree with Youthman and say keep an eye out for an RSW-15 or two. Here's an analogy for you if your decision is purely performance based. Would you prefer the sports car with the larger engine and single passive muffler OR the sports car with the smaller engine and dual passive mufflers? Yes, the muffler much like the passive radiator does affect performance. But you can only affect/improve your strongest signal. Whether that signal is torque/output from the engine as in my example or wattage, Hz, etc. from the woofer.

• Moderators

I have owned a RSW-15 before i dont want another

Just curious...did you not like it?

all 6 will be playing and that good enough for me

I have no problem with active/passive configuration. Passive is still moving air.

Im running RF-83 for front and 2 sets of RF-82's for side and rear surrounds

Nice....very nice....[:D]

So 2 RT-12d's will do just fine.

I'm sure you can "settle" with them. [:D] Will be one kick butt setup. Hope you can find a pair of them.....might be a long hunt.

The RSW-15 was massive in the bass dept, but i also had veritas 2.4i's and hell i can even remember the rest its been so long but it was all the according center and surrounds. I get everything for really cheap straight from the vendors so i just like to change things up. When that new feeling wears off i have to replace it. I dont have a problem waiting so i dont mind. I been looking a some of the DD Velodyne subs but idk if i want to mix n match my setup, Im weird like that lmao