SOLD! 1985 Heresy's

wineslob

I have a pair of 1985 HBR's. Condition is G/VG, with minor dings and nicks that would be expected for speakers this age. They are still unfinished/unstained. One cabinet has a water ring on top. One is missing a badge.Price reflects this. All drivers are working (tested). Consecutive serial numbers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Speakers are located in Paradise Ca. (No. Cal)

Price SOLD, PENDING or OBO. Checks or Money Orders accepted, no Pay Pal.

I will work with buyer to get these shipped, but buyer is responsible for shipping fees/costs. I have access a commercial account, for better pricing on the shipping. Can box, at cost.

Thanks for looking.

Ya the pricing is taking into consideration the shipping too. I know it's PITA. Figure $25 for me to box them up on top of the shipping. The second zip is in the $125+ range.

Oh, one other thing, looking at the screws on the back, I don't think they've ever been touched.

Should I use "Minty' or" LQQK!"

Rofl.

I would probably buy every single set I ever stumble across at 250 smackers. If they were local.

I'm so glad you recommended the Heresy II's that came up cheap close to me. I love them!....funny seeing local guys trying to sell ones not as good as mine for 500.00 when I paid 260.00

Sorry for going off topic slightly.

GLWS but they shouldn't last long!!

Guest Teresa Wright

Well, looks like I am the new owner of these speakers [:D] Been wanting a pair for quite some time, can't wait to hook them up and hear what everyone is talking about!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Teresa Wright

Ok, got the speakers on Sat., hooked them up on Sunday-UH OH!!! [:D] I REALLY like them. I haven't redone MCAAC or anything and still wow. Listened to a few cds-Johhny Lang, Tracey Chapman, and found that I didn't turn them up as loud as my RF-62. They did sound a little muddy at some points, but I'm sure that is my fault. I'm gonna try some music on my PS3 or Blue-Ray and see if the quality is better. I got a good deal. But, now I need to find a badge, as one is missing, but otherwise, they are pretty good cosmetically, just like Wineslobs description.

Fantastic! I'm used to Apogee Duetta II's so to me they are very "bright" but image like crazy. (typical of horns) I did notice the lower mid "muddiness" but that could have easily been having them directly on the floor. Good detail and very, very easy to drive unlike the Ap's. You may or may not want to re-cap. I'm gonna guess that they have never been opened up. The screw heads looked pristine. Glad you like them!

Guest Teresa Wright

Thanks, Michael, they are great. Like I said, probably my fault on the muddiness, I hadn't changed any settings on my recvr, just hooked them up, had some beers, and rocked for awhile. Yes, the detail is awesome, and very easy to drive. Even having beers, I didn't turn my avr past -12 and that was plenty loud. [:o]

Anyway, was just wondering how long you have owned them, and if not long, the history of them?